Anyone else getting interruptive short pauses/stutters?

Since WU6 and the hotfix I am happy to report my CTD’s have been dramatically reduced. Only had two crashes since and one wasn’t a CTD but a freeze exiting from a landing challenge that I had to kill MSFS via task manager. Still not pre SU5 perfect but a massive improvement.

That said, a problem I have NEVER had before but have now is frequent short pauses or freezups while playing. I’ll be doing a landing challenge or flying and the dang sim (video only, audio continues) hangs for like 2-3 seconds and it’s a real problem especially when doing landing challenges.

I have an i9-10900 cpu, an RTX3080 gpu, latest drivers and Windows Updates, etc. Never happened before ever till most recent world update and hotfix. Anyone else getting these short freezes/hangups?

3 Likes

I’m experiencing the same. Whereas before the update, there may have been some “stutters” at times, now I’m experiencing actual freezes for 2-3 seconds. I thought at first it was due to me moving the view (from inside the cockpit) to wing views and the system loading the graphics but it is happening even when looking forward. Audio continues for me, as well, during the freezes.

4 Likes

Tons of them lately. I just tried to record a video for YouTube and had to bin it because of awful stuttering. It came and went but it was extremely bad at several key points such as landing. It seems like it might happen worse in the evening, but I’m not positive.

1 Like

Perhaps we all should submit Zendesk tickets? This really needs to be corrected. I can imagine how damaging it is for you YouTube channel guys/gals. For me it’s just a real problem when landing and you’re getting close and bang it happens and you have to blind compensate and hope for the best when it resumes.

1 Like

Yes. I had them very bad on a group flight in Paris last week, but I have also had them off and on even out in remote areas.

After my first and last Zendesk ticket experience two weeks ago where they kept telling me to do things I had clearly stated I had already done in my original ticket then closed my ticket as resolved when it was not, I hope you have a better experience than I did!

After this evening’s flight, I’ll definitely submit one. The latest World Update or hotfix after it seem like the only possible culprits. Post SU5 I really didn’t deal with this much at all.

2 Likes

Resolved usually means it has been moved to the MSFS/Asobo triage team from what I have been led to understand.

3 Likes

Try this… it helped me get rid of the stutters a while back and it’s still manageable for me today.

Are you also seeing the dreaded white circle at the bottom right corner of the screen when the stutter happens?

I was experiencing that, a lot.
I then created a new Xbox Gamertag from a new email address – and there you go, my woes are gone.

I suppose it’s worth a try for you.

I haven’t had anything like this for months. (Maybe since SU4?) But oddly I had this issue yesterday quite out of the blue.

I was flying on my usual turf in East Africa also with the same set up/settings I have used for ages.

The one thing that I have changed is the Nvidia driver so I am going to try a clean wipe of the drivers and reinstall the previous version for testing before reaching any conclusion.

1 Like

I’ve came to the conclusion that the pauses and stutters have nothing at all to do with graphics settings. Set on the highest settings I get them at random times during a flight. Then even on the lowest I can go settings, like I’m playing the Minecraft version of MSFS, I still get the pauses and stutters.

Still happens with multiplayer and real world traffic turned off.

Only thing I haven’t tried is to disable real world weather. Could the pausing be caused by the sim injecting weather changes into the flight ?

(i7 10700K @ 5.0Ghz / 32GB 3600 ram / 980 PRO NVMe™ M.2 SSD / RTX 2080Ti )

2 Likes

I only get that stutter when I whip my view around rapidly, and even then only when near the ground, and near complex scenery. In the air it is smooth.

Only one way to find out… Try it… see if there’s a difference.

Yes, might be. I experienced some frequent short stutters (no 2-3 pauses just a slight stutter) almost every 30secs. But it wasnt exactly at 30 secs, it was a bit random between 15/30/60 secs. I can see it in my monitoring-graph, a big spike in frametime resutling in a very short, but annoying pause.

So i tested it on the ground without moving the plane or touching anything. The stutters were gone when i switched to “clear sky” instead of live weather. Somhow, the stutters went away after a few mins.
I also reverted to the second latest nvidia driver instead of the latest. Unfortunately, i would say it MIGHT be the weather, but i cant really prove it.

I would advice to get a monitoring tool like RivaTunerStatisticsServer and let the framerate/frametime graph show up. So you guys can see the stutter “visually” and turn on the stop clock to see if it is happening at a certain invervall or just randomly.

I have to say, i only experienced that in the FBWA32NX (exp version) and not in the JU52 for example.

2 Likes

Too many things depends on the connection/data from the servers . And by now it’s clear , those servers are not up to this task .

1 Like

I have found most of the stuttering is caused by server issues as stated above. It is really hard to pinpoint. Servers,Router or even a dirty signal can cause them.

1 Like

Dirty signal?

Happens to me once or twice a day. There’s the feeling of horror when you wonder if it’s coming back or not in an 8 hour flight :slight_smile:

1 Like

The service to my connection to the internet from the main amplifier in my neighborhood was dropping randomly causing stutters.

1 Like

Yeah, that will almost certainly have an effect if your Internet is wireless.