Anyone else having issues with NZA Simulations' Christchurch (Xbox)?

Hi All,

Frequently crashing to the Xbox home screen. After several minutes all the scenery models lose their textures, becoming basic polygons.

Bugs reported to developer but disappointing since the scenery is otherwise amazing and runs without much stutter.

Karl

You are not alone.
Lot’s of my friends from the German community with this addon have the very same problem.

Currently it’s 25€ for the bin.

Thanks. At least I am not alone.

Surely such a product is in breach of consumer laws if it’s not fit for purpose? And surely the pre-sale tests should have picked up on this?

Karl

Hello,
After last year’s forum reorg, third-party issues like this can be posted in Community Support. I moved this to World because it regards an airport.

With the new rules now in effect, meaning that developers themselves are responsible for a working product before releasing it on Xbox, this particular product should had never seen a release on the Marketplaxe for Xbox in it’s current state, right?

NZA Christchurch was completed and on sale way before the new rules I think (released early Feb). I have reached out to NZA but I guess they’re already aware. They don’t seem like a cowboy outfit so I’m hoping a fix isn’t too far away.

NZA takes pride in their work, they’ll make it right.

1 Like

I had a blast on the sim last night, arriving at CHC, and everything appeared okay. Textures are still non-existent until you get pretty close (at which stage they pop in) but presumably this is a sim or internet connection limitation? Interestingly I’ve noticed a similar problem with the airports included in the recent World Updates, which I believe are from third party devs (who partnered with Asobo for the updates).

Could it be SU12?

I also have exactly these problems on Xbox, so the Airport is not usable. On PC it works fine, why something like this is then available on Xbox is a mystery to me and it is extremely annoying! With Sim Update 12, the whole thing has nothing to do, I had the hope that the update brings improvement, which is unfortunately not the case. The content came long before Sim Update 12. Currently I can only advise against buying for Xbox.

1 Like

When it works it’s fab. But that loss of polygonal detail after a few minutes spoils the enjoyment. I have reached out to NZA but it’s been nearly a week with no response.

The fact that the same happens with other airports included with the official Asobo World Updates updates kinda convinces me that it’s either an Asobo or SU12 issue. But it doesn’t happen with any of the default or Microsoft hand-crafted airports included with the base Premium Deluxe package.

CTDs happen with the default scenery currently, however — just not with the same frequency as NZA CHC.

1 Like

Good morning all, we don’t frequent these forums much but one of our beta team point this thread out.

We have received a few reports of some (not all) people having issues on Xbox with NZCH. We will be working on a reduced-detail version for NZCH on Xbox. We think we can probably achieve this by removing the backline detail (out of sight).

This brings us to testing. At the moment and certainly, when NZCH went through Microsoft’s testing procedure for Xbox compatibility no issues were picked up by the Microsoft team. It flew through with 0 issues.
A side note but an important one : Developers don’t have access to test the content on Xbox, this has been requested and heard by Microsoft and changes have been made to the process. This will help two things, Developers will be able to test in a quality way as we know how our products should perform. Help to un-clog the backlog for ingestion into the marketplace.

Just a note on replies: For prompt help and support as stated please use our discord ticketing system.
The other channels are there for cover but are not the primary support systems as stated on the contact page on the website. Please make sure you use this as your way to reaching out to us to avoid a slower response as the discord system is manned nearly 24/7. Other channels arent and especially over the weekends.

5 Likes

Thanks for that.

My issues with CHC are solely the disappearing textures, since CTDs seem to happen randomly wherever I fly (possible SU12 issue?). It runs super-smooth — I’m no software expert but presumably it’s not the level of detail that’s the problem, therefore?

I’d hate to lose all that beautiful detail, that’s what convinced me to buy the product. Surely less detail is a backward step? Unless it can somehow be made barely noticeable?

Will this reduced detail product be made available to PC users, too? I have a high-end system in VR and there is a lot of stuttering when looking around. Otherwise loving this product, but for me I just cannot run this product in VR atm.

You are not the first to mention this product having issues on PC too, so it’s likely not an Xbox-exclusive glitch. It actually runs as smooth as silk on my Xbox, even when all the textures are being properly displayed.

There are some investigations going on at the moment into reducing the draw call count. Well transfer any gains over to the full sauce version too.

1 Like

Any updates on fix?Im also on xbox. Bought this today. Have the same issue. Crashing to dashboard. Can fly in to christchurch. Cannot fly out. Doesn’t matter if its cold and dark,or starting on the runway.