Anyone else having problems with Azure Voices today?

Same issue this morning, from BE.
I have to use Off Line voices.

I’m also having this issue, ATC take ages to respond then when they do it’s only done by text not voice. Sometimes by text after that?

You guys are talking about changing to Offline voices, I don’t follow, I can’t find any options in the menu to switch - can someone advise?

Sorry I should have been clearer - a reboot worked for me

Go to general settings and sound. There’s the option.

Unable to test, but seems to be affecting Europe users, suggest changing region to east US and retry…

Thanks, for some reason I don’t have text-to-speech installed so the Offline options is not there. Only OFF and AZURE

Hi,
I have the same issue in Sweden. I even reinstalled FS :frowning:

I will try the offline version when all installation is done. Thx for the info guys.

Same here - UK - no speech at all using Azure option. First time I’ve used the offline voices, I think I actually prefer them. What are the actual benefits of using Azure voices I wonder?

Same problem here (Switzerland): didn’t even realise until now that the voice was being synthesized with the help of some online service.

In the UK with the same issue.

With ‘Azure’ on I’m getting no ATC audio at all. With ‘Windows Offline’ it sounds like everyone’s trousers are too tight, but I can hear them at least.

1 Like

Following as I have the same problem as

Same here in the UK.

Possibly unrelated: Marketplace purchases failing all of a sudden (have purchased loads before without issue)

Seems to be working for me now, but not sure for how long.

Sadly, I haven’t seen any official word on the problem, which really I would have expected by now.

Since a very long time I not use Azure for Text 2 Speach . Why I should let create again additional network traffic and delays and create a possible reason for a crash, if my PC can do this little translation at own ( WindowsOffline ) :slight_smile:

Sounds like a server problem rather than anything on the user-side, so I wouldn’t reinstall or such.

Hi all! We just brought this topic up to the team. Thank you!

4 Likes

I have experienced this before, and then there was a problem with the server.

Sorry maybe slightly off the topic but I’d really like Azure to have a lot of English accents beside the American, ie Brit, Aussie, South African, Irish, Scottish etc and even different languages’ English accents for ATC communications.

On my cellular iOS, i can actually do it. I type something in Spanish and make it speak it in Italian accent, the outcome is awesome. Similarly, I type in English and speak it in German or Dutch accent.

Hi @sarpouli,

Please feel free to look at the #self-service:wishlist , there are many items in there for ATC voices and accents. You can discuss those and even consider voting for them if you like. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the heads-up !