Anyone else still not SEEING the update 5 in the App store?

Morning folks. This is incredibly frustrating!! The update will not appear in my windows app store. I’ve tried everything. I’ve reset app store, done disk clean ups, rebooted the PC countless times and still nothinjg. App store says I’m up to date when clearly this isnt the case. I’ve followed every single step on the flight simulator zendesk page and still nothing. Anybody else in the same boat? Anyone manage to solve the issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
NO
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
NO
Brief description of the issue:
Update not appearing in App store or when loading the sim.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
NA
Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
21H1
Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
STORE VERSION
Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

was the same for me … had to uninstall the Flightsimulator entry in “Apps and Features” List (that seems to have only uninstalled the Launcher itself, my MSFS2020 Folder was till pretty large afterwards).

Then searched for Fligtsimulator in store and reinstalled that into the same directory as before. After some waiting in the “checking for updates” screen, the launcher told me about 40GB of downloads to be queued.

Cannot promise, that will work for everyone …

What I did was backup the whole packages folder (empty Community), uninstalled, installed (the correct updated build), and put the packages back in place, now the content update is running.

Thanks for the advice guys. I’m going to try both suggestions and will uninstall/reinstall as a last resort. What an absolute faff this update has become! :frowning:

did you try just launching MSFS, nothing showed in the store for me either, then i ran FS and it said it needed an update and booted my out and into the MS store.

I’ve tried starting the sim many times and when it’s checking for updates it will do so for about 30 seconds before the screen goes black momentarily and then the nordics loading screen appears. No luck.

Also having the exact same issue.

No update in either MS Store or MSFS (just shows Nordics screen and loads to main menu).

Afraid that hasn’t worked for me, and now it won’t let me re-install it at all. I’m getting 0x803FB107 errors in the MS Store when I try to download it again :frowning_face:

I got the same. I had to reinstall windows to get the app store to not error again when trying to install. I’m blessed I had my flight simulator files on a different drive so after re-installing windows the MSFS files were still intact. When I went to the app store to install windows and pointed the installation to the previous install it just started the download of the update (40GB). What an absolute faff.

I can’t install anything from the MS Store now - same error for everything. Just when I thought this process couldn’t get any worse.

1 Like

Maybe this: Microsoft store won't download/update apps and games; - Microsoft Community is helpful, before reinstalling windows.

I still didnt see an update today either in the xbox app or store app so I tried resetting the FS app from apps and features and then when I went to the actual FS page in the store app it triggered the update to 1.8.13.0

I tried a lot of tutorials and YouTube videos but nothing worked, until I found this video on YouTube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yWj41XIWEY

It finally let me redownload MSFS from the Xbox App, and now after pointing the game at my install folder it found all the existing files, and is currently downloading the 40gb update 5 files!

Thankfully it worked, as my next step was to reinstall Windows 10

1 Like

Thx for this. I was beginning to think there was no update. I’ve had no splash screen telling me there is an update and no option to update. Will now try this

Ok. So my solution (not yet finished) was to install the Xbox app on my Pc and then open the game from there. That has now triggered the update which is downloading.

Before that I checked to see if I had any windows updates pending and I did, but I kept receiving errors trying to install those which I suspect was the issue with the fs2020 updates through the Pc before. So the Xbox app path worked for me :crossed_fingers: so far

3 Likes

I have tried most of the options listed above with no luck. Cannot launch MSFS and I cannot get SIM UPDATE V to appear in the store. I guess I will have to uninstall MSFS and re-install (wish me luck) OR (I hope I don’t have to do this) Re-Install Windows then MSFS. Not a very happy experience.

New update on 8/13 (great Fri the 13th). I reinstalled MSFS (back on the 7th of Aug) and everything worked fine (despite taking forever to download and install). It is now Aug 13th and a new hotfit is available and guess what? Same darn thing happened. No update available in the Microsoft store, MSFS WONT START. I need a way to update MSFS without uninstalling and re-installing. I have been through every post on several different sites for ideas but none worked. Microsoft and Asobo, please come up with a way to fix this, I can’t uninstall and reinstall every thime there is an update.

yesterday’s hotfix ALSO not showing as available to download. Now I’m rebooting to another system, renaming the packages folder and reinstalling it AGAIN, then moving the content packages back into their place. this is getting more and more f00ked up by the day.

I dont see any sign of any hotfix yesterday - it could be later today or next week. Viewing the FS2020 game page in the Store app should be enough to trigger an update - those other methods seem excessive

same happened for me with the SU5, no download available even two days after launch, so considering the mass of it I resorted to clean installing it, the build number installed was the correct SU5 one. The 124GB download took me the next six days. Now I did the content folder rename, reinstalled (amazingly now the installation didn’t do 1.18.15.0 but still the previous 14 (thought to myself what the hell, I’ll leave it at that and grill the developers on zendesk over it), now I’m moving the content folder back into place, and hope that’s the end of it. Basically a waste of time, with the unchanged build version.

Everyone has probably figured this out already but just in case…

The problem for most folks, after reading other posts, seems to be related to the Windows X-Box App. For some, me included, it wasn’t even installed so I installed it - and still didn’t work. Then I uninstalled it, then re-installed it and for some bizarre reason the Update option appeared in the three dot (more) area next to the Play button as a drop down option. That worked and I was able to start MSFS successfully, however that was last night. Today - it just hangs during the early stages of initialization after the Asobo and Blackshark ai spash screens. Nice shot of mountains and rhinos in a field of grass in the foreground with a spinning disc. Once again a complete fail for an Asobo update. How many times do we have to go through this? Get your stuff together - please. Now - back to X-Plane and DCS for some sim work that works!