Anyone experiencing low framerate on "map"?

Not sure what is going on here, ever since the update the framerate during the flight planing phase is poor, everything stutters slightly and delays, kind of like you would experience during lag or having too much graphics on during the sim.

6 Likes

Yes i have

3 Likes

I’ve noticed the same thing. You have to wait a few seconds to allow the screen to read mouse movements or a click.

3 Likes

Yes. I did put it down to all the new “points of interest” now present on the map, but that is just my non-expert guess.

Not just map, but the menus in general. It comes and goes. Moving the mouse cursor during the framerate drop is a little annoying.

Other threads indicate that Bluetooth devices can cause
random freezes.

I use a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Stopped using and use
USB wired devices with FS2020.

My freezes/pauses stopped.

Something to do with those devices putting themselves to sleep if not used
within X seconds and waking back up. Causes an interrupt to the system.

1 Like

That’s a completely different issue than what’s being described here.

1 Like

Please accept my apology. I thought it did.

1 Like

Having worse FPS/performance in map and in sim. It’s really bad.

1 Like

Im finding my performance has tanked in every way. The world map is terrible though. It’s running at a lower fps than the sim is when I’m flying.

This what 3 extra weeks of delays and “polish” gets us.

1 Like

I will try and remove or filter out the POIs and see if it makes any difference…

Me too, already reported. Please upvote!

The only way for it to recover is to load a flight and go back to main menu, then it seems fine.

1 Like

That is a very different and existing issue.

The ‘map’ issue here is new and is due to ‘manipulators’ going crazy in the menu’s.

I though ‘manipulators’ were just ‘sim world objects’, so no idea what it is doing in the menus.

So I did filter out POIs to not show and it is much better now, almost like it used to be. Seems, at least on my end, that the POIs during the map phase tanks my 3600XT and 2070 Super

Same here. Worldmap is really laggy now. Removing icons helps but it can for sure not be the solution. Overall less smooth after this update. I cant see them optimating performance and in the same time adding an insane amount of new stuff.

1 Like

I have the same issues. Fps in sim are okay though… But in menu it’s stuttering and lot’s of frame drops. Also having flickering trouble in sim and menu’s with Gsync enabled. I heard off this before but never actually happend to me, untill now. Gsync disabled all is fine but missing the smoothness now.

Strange thing is, for me this doesn’t happend right after the update. But only since yesterday afternoon.

1 Like

I find i often get really low frame rates when accessing any menu items after starting up MSFS. This often starts up in the hanger. It slows down so much it becomes unusable. Whenever this happens just returning to home and then into the flight planning cures the problem.

It’s on and off and it is frustrating. The problem started after the latest update. A quick and easy way to solve the problem for the time being is to zoom in all the way on the world map and the FPS will go back to normal.

Yup, for sure at the moment GPU usage is close to 5 or 7%.

I’ve turned off (Online Functionality) for now. That solved my problem… for now.