Anyone have had issues with the decel point on the a320neo?

Does anyone have had issues with the decel point on the a320neo? For some reason after sim update 8 the decel point pops up at the start of the flight making it go in to approach phase right immediately after takeoff. I’m on xbox series S so i use the default a320neo.

1 Like

Havnt come across this yet and I’m on the series X. Is there anyway you are manually selecting approach mode on the FMC ?

1 Like

I’m on PC and I’m noticing a similar issue. Most of the flight goes fine, but when the next waypoint is decel, LNAV switches to the final waypoint (runway) and just skips the ones in between. If I go through the waypoints before taking off, they seem in a logical order, but when you step to decel, it actually goes back to a waypoint further up in the list.

That would explain the odd behavior I’m seeing. When next waypoint is decel and if there’s a bug that makes FS think decel was already passed, it just defaults to the last waypoint being the runway. Not liking SU8 so far.

Decel is not a waypoint.
It is the distance from the destination that you need to start slowing down.
It plays no role in the flightpath of the aircraft.

1 Like

I know what decel means and is. However, FS is not that smart and handles it as a waypoint. I need to try and make a video to show what happens.

That’s an odd one for sure. Do you manually enter the flightplan or do you use the world map?

Can you elaborate on that a bit.
The aircraft I fly in the sim do not fly to the decel point like they would a waypoint.
If I edit and change the waypoint before, or the waypoint after decel in the FMC (FCDU - whatever), decel moves accordingly.

Here is the definition of waypoint:

An airplane navigates through the sky along a route composed of beacons and waypoints. Waypoints are defined by geographic coordinates or their bearing and distance from a beacon , and by a name, which typically takes the form of a five-letter capitalized word—EVUKI, JETSA, SABER.

Decel doesn’t fit in that definition.

2 Likes

LOL, thanks for the definition…

Trying to capture with the xbox game bar, but that isn’t working. The recording button is greyed out…

Edit: for those with game bar issues, make sure AppCaptureEnabled is set to 1 in the registry, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR.

I beblieve Decel has caused similar problems for me in that it causes skipped waypoints to occur. I know what a waypoint is too, that’s why I would call this problem a bug.

1 Like

I understand that it’s causing an issue, that’s rather plain to see.
Has a Zendesk request been put in?

I am stating that “Decel” is not a waypoint, it is a notification on the flight plan to indicate to the pilots that a specific function must be done, decelerate.
It does not fit the term “waypoint”.
MSFS does not navigate towards “decel”
It should be navigating to the next waypoint after decel.
If you try to clear decel you wouldn’t be clearing it. You would clear the next waypoint.

1 Like

EBBREDDF.pln (9.7 KB)

Okay, so I’ve made short clip showing what happens at the gate, before the flight. Notice the waypoints on the FMS. The waypoint at the top of the list is centered on the ND.

The clip starts with DF443 at the top, very near EDDF. As you can see DECEL is the next waypoint or whatever you want to call it, we’re not here to discuss semantics.

If I move DECEL to the top of the list, the ND shows MANUV?! Which is a waypoint halfway between EBBR and EDDF. I haven’t made a clip in-flight yet. When you go past DF443, weird things happen. Obiously, there’s a link between DECEL and MANUV, the sim is probably thinking, we’re already past MANUV, does not compute… I’ll try and add the in-flight clip later.

By the way, this is just one example flightplan, it happens with all flightplans since SU8.

All I’m saying is I also have just noticed that sometimes waypoints appear to get deleted after it. I didn’t even get as far as isolating it as the other poster so I haven’t reported it.

1 Like

Do you have navigraph or are you using the default nav data?

Navigraph.

So what is happening here is that the flight plan is being saved in to the MCDU with runway 7L approach.

If you look in arrival in the MCDU, there is one for a 7L Y and one for a 7L Z, none for just plain 7L.
What is happening is, the MCDU cannot recognize just a 7L approach, so it cannot proceed any further, and returns to the start of the Star, which is, you guessed it, Manuv.

Solution:
Leave your approach on “Automatic” in the planner and just program it in your MCDU as ATC clears you.
Or, use simbrief and it won’t specify an approach in the plan.

Is the entry for UNOK3D not UNOKO itself? As I see it on the chart, MANUV is the third waypoint of the STAR. I use Simbrief. Then use Navigraph Charts to add the approach I want to fly and then export it to FS. In this case, the Z is in the exported FP.

<SuffixFP>Z</SuffixFP>
<ApproachTypeFP>ILS</ApproachTypeFP>
<RunwayNumberFP>7</RunwayNumberFP>
<RunwayDesignatorFP>LEFT</RunwayDesignatorFP>

On the World Map, it also displays ILS 07L-Z as approach after import. Are you saying that the aircraft is then not picking up the Z? Perhaps the FMS is just visually not displaying the Z?

Are you flying the FBW 320 Development version by chance? I ask because I found I had similar problems on that version that I don’t have on the Stable version.

No, the default Airbus.

I’ve flown the FBW version, obviously it’s much better at planning and flying procedures, but it does not work well with default ATC. I mostly do short 1hr flights, I’m content using default aircraft. Asobo just needs to work on the fight planner some more.

1 Like

Exactly. When the plan is imported into the MCDU, the runway selection shows up as just 7L.
When you click on the destination, and manually select the ILS (Say 7L Y) it will then display it as 7L Y, and the error no longer ocurrs.

Have you actually tried this in the sim? I run into the error either way.

Okay, let’s manually create the flight in the World Map. High altitude airways, departure EBBR, arrival EDDF. SID SPI6L for rwy 19, although departure doesn’t really matter. STAR UNOK3D for rwy 7L. Approach automatic. Fly now.

After DF444 there’s a sharp turn to 7L. (I think this is what the aircraft followed during my flight, despite there being more waypoints to the approach.)

Okay, let’s manually enter ILS 7L Z now. If you enter it with STAR, you’ll end up with a double STAR, so add it without STAR. On the map it looks okay, but if you step through it, similar things happen. When DECEL is at the top of the list. On the ND another waypoint further back is displayed again.

In the list of approaches Y and Z is displayed, but as soon as you select it, it will no longer display the letter. Same with the GPS approaches for example.

Something is definitely broken.