Anyone having problems with setting up gates/ jetways ( wiggly jetways)

So i have been having problems with setting up jetways.

The simobject aso_jetway shows up just fine, but when i try to connect it to the terminal building with any of the ‘jetway link’ scenery objects, they wiggle and dont snap cleanly to the end of the simobject aso_jetway.

The part of the jetway link that connects to the simobject wiggles, falls down, buries itself into the ground when i try to move it around.

It takes multiple tries to randomly make it snap on just right.

I have the latest SDK 0.8.0 installed too.

Anyone else had this issue ?

I have the same issue. Out of three jetway in my scenery only one connected properly to the link for me. I have wasted so much time trying to connect the other two jetways without success. I’ve given up trying for now as I’m getting really frustrated with it.

This is exactly the problem i was having also.

It takes many tries to get them to connect properly. If you can, use the aso_jetway with the ‘microlink’, which does not have that weird magnetic effect that the other jetway links have ( which causes the problem)

I will give that a go and see if it will do it okay. Just with my scenery the actual jetways extend out quite far.

I’m having this exact issue with the jetways, they either don’t snap or fall into the ground. Has anyone found a fix?

No, unfortunately no fix. But i have not tried version 0.10 of the SDK. Maybe this issue is fixed ?

I just had to only use default Asobo jetways and jetway links to make it work. Also it takes multiple tries, and i have also noticed it is best to position the jetway once, and once it snaps to the jetway link, try not to move / drag it around too much.

Also, whereever i could, i used the one jetway link that has no elbow/ connection. (I think its called micro link.

Also, the problem seems to occur when i made jetways connecting to an existing terminal building . whenever i tried to drag a scenery object close to the terminal building, it dissappears and then respwans. That re-spawning is what seems to mess up the jetway connections . Try to minimize that respawning from happening.

But in the end it took me multiple trials and errors, and then deleting the jetways ans re-trying again and again for them to randomly work. I would save my work and then move on to the next jetway. But it was a definite pain in the #$% and it really took way more time than it should have.

Just keep trying and if they dont connect or fall down, delete and try again and again. Eventually they will work.

Hi, I have been having the same issue, I however found that enabling the “no snow” option in the jetway link propeties and then locking it in place seemed to solve the issue for me.

2 Likes