Anyone know where your controller config is stored on disk?

I’d like to both back this up and make some modifications to it…

If you bought from the MS store, you won’t be able to access those files.

Another mind-boggling decision by these developers…

Not the devs fault, the Microsoft store is very intrusive

1 Like

The files are there in the Store version. I could open all the controller ones with Notepad++. The files just don’t have an .XML extension but you can probably back them up and edit them if you want. See posts up and down the following thread relative to the post that I made about the XML in a controller file from the Store version on my computer:

Ok - I have the Steam version (so no SystemAppData). But let me see if your post is enough of a hint to find it.

This is a b**ch to find for the Steam version. I just searched my entire disk and there is no wgs folder at all. Still looking, but if anyone else has found it for Steam, please advise.

Update: Found it, it wasn’t easy. Since the Steam version uses Steam’s cloud save to keep configs in sync, it’s in Steam’s sync folder. It’s here (possibly the folder ID is different, but basically here):

Side note: it appears that 1250410 is Steam’s ID for MSFS.

3 Likes

It’s my understanding all such settings are saved to the cloud. Certainly when I installed FS on a new machine all the changes i’d made to my controller settings were there… like magic!

Yep, agree. In the case of an MS install though, it goes to the MS cloud. In the case of Steam, it goes to Steam’s cloud. Explains why it was so hard to find.

@TropicalBooch20 the path to what your showing is LNK file (Link file)

it will show you the complete directory but it’s not the actual location, it’s more a container with just the info.

the only editable part is hidden here : c:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache.

Happy Flying…

1 Like

there is a folder called input in your msfs folder under steamapps->common has all the xml doc’s for each supported controller

1 Like

Yes but that’s only the default setup for controllers. The files that BeakstarRocks pointed out is the files for your own controllers and can be read with Notepad.

But these isn’t saved options. OP is asking saved preset location.