Anyone NOT having bad framerates after latest update?

Start at the top of this thread and slowly scroll through, looking in particular to system specs posted.
Now imagine trying to write software the runs flawlessly on every possible combination of hardware, drivers, background programs, overclocking, scenery mods, aircraft mods, instrument mods and even users making changes to core files in an effort to get the right trees in their front yard.

I will admit that there have been some wholesale bugs that affected most users, but there are also bugs that result from optimization and or incompatibility between system configurations and the testbeds. I don’t envy the developers in this case.

Seb has mentioned a few times that many of these kind of bugs, including CTD issues, have not been reproduceable in their labs. I have done a bit of programming and have tried to lock down an occasion thread race bug that was impossible to isolate and reproduce on demand. Until you can do that, any fix you attempt is just a guess and will likely have ripple effects that will cause something else to malfunction, occasionally.

I also notice that vast majority that have posted in this thread are using NVidia cards. I have also noted in some of the threads full of users having this problem, a large number are AMD users. Just an observation…

2 Likes