Anyone NOT having bad framerates after latest update?

Not only that its very ambiguous, what settinggs ULTRA to low Settings. Some simmers are happy with low settings yet others are only happy with Ultra settings…so this audit will not make any sense,. Also its relative to each individual, what I may class is acceptable might not be for another Simmer.

To add to my original response I play on a custom mix of high and ultra settings if that helps.

Same at 1440p. Stress Test is flying over New York. Each system is different tweak it.

I’m running some SimConnect plugins, and having no problems:

• Honeycomb Bravo throttle LED lights connector
  • Navigraph Simlink
  • fs2ff (ForeFlight connector)

Performance actually seems better to me. I just flew over NYC with not a single stutter for 40 minutes in the ATSim Piaggio, tooling around the rivers and over the city and circling the Statue of Liberty and the bridges. And the PG looked superb (I have pictures if people are interested).

The last time I flew over NYC was back in August (before the US update) in the C152 I think it was, and performance was ok, but meh, a little stuttery at times.

Intel i7-47090K
16GB Ram
RTX 2070 Super
LG 55UN7300 4K TV 4160x2160
Comcast 350MB max Cable internet
All settings Ultra except Clouds High, VFR Map off
OS is on a 1TB Sabrant Rocket in M.2 Slot - MSI Gaming 5 MB
MSFS is on a 1TB Sabrant Rocket in a PCIx16 adapter
GPU is in the slot closest to the CPU, the D: drive is in the PCIx16 socket furthest from the CPU

The only issue I’ve had was a hard computer crash last night where my OS SSD (C:) needed to be repaired from USB after I flew the FI Spitfire over Heathrow and was approaching Biggin Hill. The computer slowly started major stuttering (no real scenery around as far as I could tell, it’s the first time I ever flew over the UK, and the first time I flew the Spitfire), then completely stopped, and my only recourse was to shut the computer off. I waited quite a while for it to come back, but it was completely unresponsive to any input, including Ctrl-Alt-Del. The flight started at Orbx EGTB, and I was on my way to BBD EGHK. It’ll be quite some time before I try that again. Flight was very smooth up until the computer crash. Sptifire was a bunch of fun to fly.

I always make sure I don’t have any addons with a modelLib.bgl as I install them. I have 187 packages in my Community drive, taking up 44GB of space. I have 4 Carenado planes and 3 Orbx and one Pilotplus airports in D:\FS2020\Official\OneStore.

Other than that hard crash, performance has been fine since SimUpdate 3, and no CTD’s since just after the November update.

Sorry, I’ve never checked framerate. All I care is that flying is smooth. It has been.

Edit: and over NYC I was using xConn (through Simconnect, an old version I believe) to connect with AVARE EFB.

2 Likes

No issues here, performance is the same as always.

3700X @ PBO
3080 FE undervalued to 1850 MHz @ 850 mV

1 Like

I don’t monitor FPS but only once did I see stutters and pause this week and it was for about 10 minutes. I attributed it to maybe being Microsoft downloading an automatic Windows update that was commandeering some of my internet. Otherwise other issues I’ve had I attribute to pilot error.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
GPU: GeForce® GTX 1060
RAM: 32.0 GB
Operating System:
Areas recently flown: AK, BC, CA, AZ, IL, IA, HI
Aircraft types recently flown: Cessna 172 and 208, TBM 930

Why the focus on hardware? And location where there aren’t bad frame rates? If enough users respond and you have a list of 5,000 places that don’t have bad frame rates, what do you do with this information?

It might be easier to scan through the thousands of posts and collect the info about who is having performance problems.

2 Likes

Good point. I enjoy flying remote terrain a lot more than dense urban areas.

1 Like

Everything good on my end after rolling back to nvidia version 457.30. Current driver 461.72 version caused performance loss after sim update 3

2080 Super
I7 8700k OC to 4.3ghz
64GB ram
1TB SSD
Windows 10 20H2 up to date
Flew over Miami and KMIA, London and Heathrow, Istanbul with free addon airport LTFM.

I fly in VR with all graphic settings on and high to ultra

Traffic settings mid twenties and lower

AI traffic on

787 with addon liveries. A320N with A32NX and add on liveries.

Beechcraft Baron

I also have paid addon airports installed

I get some stutters in dense areas as I approach them, very stuttery over downtown London when flying very low.

Understandably so with high settings in VR with my Specs

Thats the whole point.

When MSFS was released I tried to help some guy come to grips with the A320 who has never used flight sims before and he told me it wss unusable as he saw only 40FPS. A gamer who had nothing better to do than watch the FPS and CPU/GPU utilisation. I‘m still wondering whether he looked out of the cockpit windows once.

5 Likes

@zkdos
No noticeable frame rate degradation after latest update.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7
GPU: AMD 5700XT 8GB
RAM: 32 GB
Operating System: Windows 10 (WIN and MSFS all on Nvme 4.0 SSD drives)
Areas recently flown: Europe, South America, China, Japan, Thailand
Aircraft types recently flown: All WT CJ4

1 Like

About the same performance in VR for me.

CPU: 5600x
GPU: 1080ti
RAM: 32
Operating System: windows 10
Areas recently flown: UK, Italy, Australia and New Zealand and Hawaii
Aircraft types recently flown:. Most of the GA fleet

The frame rate drops and micro stutters are very very location specific and there is nothing obvious to indicate why it is worse in some areas then others.

For example I generally get no issues in Australia unless I log in near YCBG or slightly East of YWLM at which point my framerate halves and I get stutters. Those are both default airports with no addons nearby.

I usually frequent another board but I came here precisely to complain about performance issues. Glad to see I’m not the only one whose having issues after this update.

CPU: Intel core i7 5820k
GPU: GTX 1070
RAM: 32GB DDR4
Areas flown: 90% of the time I fly around my hometown or in that region, very obscure area compared to other areas in the world.
Aircraft: 90% of the time I’m flying the C172 skyhawk G1000

Before this update I found a good comprimise between performance and graphics with the high settings, I could run ultra sometimes but not all the time. Now I have to run it on all low and even then I still get awful framerate issues on and off.

Has been fine for me, if the following helps at all -

Specs - 32GB, 1080Ti driver 457.30, 2TB nvme, 8700k @ 4GHz, W10 20H2, windowed mode
Mods - A320X, some 3rd party airports, ATR72-600, CJ4 WorkingTitle
Flying - AU, NZ, JP and EU

fps in the 36 - 40 range GPU latency 25 - 50ms throughout

Noticed @EdamllamaB mentioned YBCG - I have flown there today using flightsim.io version of the airport and had no issue. Most flights are using A320X or CJ4.

CPU: Intel core i7 8700k
GPU: GTX 1080
RAM: 32GB DDR4

I noticed a -10 fps performance drop after the update.
Rolled back my nVidia drivers to 457.30 and now I’ve got a +10fps increase over what I had before the update

That nVidia driver version is the best

1 Like

Noticed @EdamllamaB mentioned YBCG - I have flown there today using flightsim.io version of the airport and had no issue. Most flights are using A320X or CJ4.

YBCG is fine, in fact the entire Gold Coast is great.

The issue was around YCBG (Cambridge Aerodrome) in Hobart .

Flying over Australia with the Orbx Sydney Scenery. I wanted to push it to the limit by doing a very low flyby at this location. I believe my system is working good now, but it wasn’t until I discovered that by uninstalling both RGB utilities in my rig (asus and iCUE) that my frames went from 12-15 to upt o 62 at altitude. Everything ULTRA except for Glass cockpit at medium refresh.
i9-9900k all cores at 5ghz, 64 DDR4 Asus Strix 3090 OC at factory. Honeycomb Yoke and Quadrant, Logiteck Radio console and Thrustmaster Rudder.
Sometimes when returning to the main menu my FPS drop to 18 and stays there, and the mouse gets very sluggished. If I make a selection for another flight, it returns to normal. So something is wrong with the Sim. I turned all unnecessary software off before playing. I keep HWinfo64 in running. Software sometimes if it has bugs behaves in very different ways, at different times.

Was fine for me, but it depends also on where you fly. This weekend I encountered the stutters at various specific locations, but not as bad as described by other. They went to barely 20 fps, so just about flyable (where it was 45 fps before). When leaving the specific areas, the stutters went away (flying back in, they came directly back).

On an I5-10600K, 3070, 32 GB, 1 TB SSD.

1 Like