Anyone recognise these aircraft?

I’m no good at identifying most aircraft! Would love to know what these are?

Anyone know?

RAF Mount Batten - Wikipedia

2 Likes

Supermarine Southampton’s then? Thanks!
Never heard of them…

1 Like

Could be a Short Singapore, Supermarine South Hampton or Stranrarer…there are a few different twin engine types listed as being based there.
Hard to tell from the low res pic. Is there a date I missed on the photo?

nice find @ccrbc

1 Like

The one to the far right, is a Short Singapore III. If you enlarge the photo, you can see the shape of the enclosed cockpit that is indicative of the Singapore III.

1 Like

I think they might be Loening OA-1 amphibians.
Loening OL - Wikipedia

Thanks for the input guys!

I live right on this peninsula where the base used to be so it’s quite interesting.

Not sure if the β€œBB 36” may mean 1936?

Found a few more photos:

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-

A Supermarine Southampton II of 204 Squadron, Royal Air Force, Mount Batten.

IRIS III prototype (N238) at moorings in 1927. Powered by three 650hp RR Condor IIIA engines, all metal construction wings fabric covered.
Delivered to RAF No 209 squadron in 1929 and based at Mount Batten, Plymouth, a total of 4 were built.

Another Southampton?

RAF Station Mount Batten, Plymouth, England. C. 1945-05. Maintenance crews of No. 10 Squadron RAAF work together to haul a Sunderland aircraft ashore up the slipway into a hangar for overhaul. Many of the Australian ground crews wear berets while working.

Sunderland?

RAF units and aircraft

209 Squadron operated the following aircraft types Blackburn Iris III (1930–1932), Saro A.7 (1932), Blackburn Iris IV (1932–1934), Singapore II (1932), Southampton II (1933–1935), Perth(1934), Saro London I (1934), Supermarine Stranraer (1935), Short R.24/31 (1935).