Anyone tried Onair Company for ms fs 2020?

I’ve never seen it add fuel or cargo actually in game?

it adds fuel now but cargo is not working at the moment, its an issue with the game apparently that needs to be fixed. i dont know all the details but apparently it should work but its not currently

1 Like

I think I read that cargo cannot be adjusted via Simconnect (the MSFS API for third-party apps) as of now. Devs are waiting for a documentation or update of Simconnect in order to use this feature.

But fuel auto-adjustments does work. The cargo is currently not tracked by OnAir (as to not force people to manually load up the plane). So you can always just start up the plane and go run your tasks. You will be fine. At some point in the future OnAir will do its magic and load that cargo up for you.

1 Like

Cool ta :).

I read about the weights not being auto adjusted at this time but I have not seen it adjust the fuel either. Am I missing an option to have turned on?

It does so when you are in the plane as soon as the text appears “Connected to OnAir Manager” (or something similar). You can check it with the planes build in fuel gauges. You can test it out by picking a plane with full fuel load on MSFS and then load. It should work.

I have been using it for awhile on a few platforms. It works well and its great fun. I get the feeling from this project that the money they get for it ACTUALLY goes into development. They are continually adding features and entertaining user ideas. I have no issue with the weight and balance as a prudent pilot is going to check this anyway.

I bought a six month subscription and it’s fun but I don’t know if I will extend that. I hate subscriptions and will switch to air hauler once it’s released for a one time purchase.

I also hate the checkrides cos waste of time. Also the non variety in cargo types is boring.

I’ve been on the free trial for a few days now. So far really enjoying it. The interface is clean and easy to use and it definitely adds a sense of purpose to your flights. I set my base as KPSP which has added some challenges to clear the mountains to reach other airports, even if they are nearby. At some point I may even relocate my base to Papua New Guinea or Alaska to re-create some of those famous bush pilot TV shows :slight_smile:

Did you try it? Why is is a worthless app for you?

I might give it another go, as i tried it in XP when it first came out.

One thing i liked about it, IIRC, was that you had to take into account where you finished a mission, as that was where you had to get your next mission(s) from. In other words, you couldn’t just do missions anywhere in the world, without spending time actually transferring your pilot/aircraft to the originating airport. You could, of course, have intermediate stop off points, where you could pick up more missions, if you had the capacity.

I’m loving it so far. Mainly have done cargo missions but done a few pax missions with the TBM. Currently own a C208 and TBM. The executive missions pay out quite nicely, as well as long haul cargo :slight_smile: it’s a great “career” mode addon for me.

No, not tried it for MSFS 2020 but trialled it for Xplane when it first came out. Adds a bit of purpose to a flight but the subscription payment model was a big turn off for me. I eventually got Air Hauler 2 which was more my thing. Hopefully, this might eventually come to MSFS 2020.

Looking at their forums, the AH2 developer is planning on moving it to MSFS.

Big fan of OnAir company, really fun having some goals and takes you to new places. Used it through MFS alpha and beta when it worked great, and now in release it just keeps getting beta. New features added all the time. Definitely worth a try.

1 Like

Great to hear. Thanks.

I love love love it. Bought a 2 year sub yesterday, I think it was $70 US. Given the constant updates, server upgrades, and the detail that is put into OA, I consider it more than doubles the value of msfs. So that’s a bargain imo.

The things that some might find tedious, I think make it great. Buy a plane at KPRX but your at KDAL? You have to either ride the bus (which takes real time based on distance), rent a plane at KDAL and fly there, or hire an AI pilot with another plane come pick you up and take you there. To me, that’s just awesome. Land at a fuel with no field and not enough fuel to get to a field with fuel? Guess what, you have to get another pilot to fly another plane to a field, buy a fuel can(s) and transport them to the field you are stranded at. That’s so cool.

Currently, it doesn’t penalize you for crashing (as I have done a few times from running out of fuel) but I asked the dev and they have it on their to do list.

I highly recommend trying it out, the free trial is truly free, no bs, no credit card or other info. Just email and password to set up your account and go. That was surprising to me.

You might run into server slowness as their userbase has probably skyrocketed so they’re constantly upgrading the servers to keep up.

5 Likes

They will pay for cloud infrastructure through people like me, that play the game using Xbox Games Pass, plus I’m pretty sure they take a cut of marketplace sales, that will net them profit for sure.

As for OnAir, I wish they had a one time fee that has 1 year of support, basically you get 1 year of updates, after that you’re stuck with whatever features and content exists until you pay for another year of updates.

However, I know why they don’t do this, it’s incredibly hard to maintain several tens of thousands subscription entries that all have their own cutoff dates, essentially having to support an endless amount of versions. It’s much easier to just have one live version that everyone pays a subscription for. I’m personally just going to get the €35, 1 year deal once my trail is up. It adds enough enjoyment for me that I find it worth it.

1 Like

It’s the best add-on for the FS for me and the only reason why I still play it every day. Little intimidating at first, but once you get the hang of the realism and logistics surrounding the missions, it becomes really fun and essential part of the game. It awards nice and comfortable flying and above all, makes you fly different planes and little airports all around the world. Slowly progress from single engines to airliners. Exactly what people want in this game.
I recommend enabling the pilots instant travel, so just go to any country in the world, rent a plane and start flying missions.
Switching between the app and FS becomes second nature, it’s hardly a problem, once you get the flow down.
I will definitely get at least a 6 month subscription, once the trial runs out.

1 Like

Overall, I enjoy it and plan on getting the 2 year sub, but there are some frustrations. You get massive hits to your reputation if you stall the plane, which I sometimes do when I flare up for a landing, just a few feet above the runway. Doing that one time might negate a full week’s worth of reputation gains. I also get a reputation hit for “engine started before beacon turned on” or something to that effect, regardless of whether I start cold & dark and do the full checklist, or whether I start on the runway…I get it every flight. If you do start on the runway, you get another hit for the engine being started before tracking starts. If you think you’ll just start tracking before it loads up, then it stops tracking because “time advanced”, forcing you to restart tracking anyway. I usually don’t have an issue starting cold & dark and using the checklists before a flight, but it becomes far too cumbersome to do that on every < 40 NM flight when you’re just starting out and doing these regionals.