Anyone tried the 4Simmers 787-9?

I know Kuro is making a 787-9
Has anyone tried this one is it worth 15 dollars?

I think you get what you pay for.

Set your expectations in line with the price- it’s probably closer to bredok3d than pmdg in terms of quality and systems

From my understanding, it’s basically a reskin of the default 787-10 so functionality will be on that level.

1 Like

Oh? Then I could be wrong on the price point. I was under the impression it was a 787 for folks who didn’t already have the Asobo 787

Anyone tried this to check if the systems and avionics are the 787-10 after AAU2 ?
If so then this is very similar to what Kuro is doing and probably worth checking.

I couldn’t find any reviews on this in English (found a couple of non-English reviews on YouTube, but I don’t speak any other language!). So I risked it, and have to say I’m actually impressed. The weights and balances seem to be closer the the 78X which I expected as it is a reskinned add-on, but appears to have all the Working Title upgrades within it.
I recently left the SU13 Beta update (due to other issues), so I’m not sure yet if it will align future B78X updates to this model, but even so, for the price as it is I think it was worth it.
I should note, I’m a console simmer, so options are pretty limited and am happy to have a version of the B789 available on Xbox.

1 Like

So when I do not have the Asobo 787, would it be a good idea to get this one instead?

It runs off the avionics in the Asobo/Working Title 787-10, you need to already have the premium/deluxe version of the sim before installing this version.

Doesn’t it include a copy of the avionics? Because this model is listed under aircraft, it should be able to perform on itself according to marketplace rubrics. If it relies on another package, how did it even pass the check into release?

It says in the description you need the B787-X included in the premium version.

I imagine it would read off the existing avionics alongside its own additional flight modelling that they have said has been adjusted.
It’s the same idea as the LVFR and Captain (Scam) Sim releases - except it’s definitely above the quality of Captain Sim.
At a guess, I would say MSFS allow using their base models so long as the add-ons run from the existing sim model, as opposed to copying their code and re-releasing it in a stand alone add on.
Also MSFS approved it for release, so it’s not like 4Simmers have stolen anything.
And from a sales point of view, Asobo/MSFS are definitely not going to allow cheaper add-ons that enable simmers to have a product similar to that found in the premium/deluxe version without upgrading - so I can see why they’d allow the code to be used in tandem and not duplicated (that’s not a negative view on their business practises, they’re not a charity and have full right to sell their product for profit).

1 Like

Yesterday I saw a 787-9 in the marketplace. Is it a good aircraft to buy?

It has the first AAU2 update, which includes VNAV and other features, but does not include the newer AAU2 update (EFB and Simbrief Integration)

Leave well alone, I’ve had nothing but issue with it. Throttle not working, black screens, climbs at 6000fpm.quite awful tbh… Its defo a captain s cam type… Doesn’t follow the route doesn’t follow anything tbh… Uninstalled. Xbox by the way

Does the 787 has all the control surfaces behaving like it should?

I am not expecting its Gust-alleviation system with flaperons wildly moving about during the flight. But something as simple as this AI model can do: drooping control surfaces when the powers are off.

The A32NX have it, but why not the “Premium Deluxe” 787-10?

I did not have any problems with it. You said it climbs at 6000 ft, I suspect that you might have engaged VNAV before 1500 ft, because it reduces thrust and VS at 1500 ft so if you engage vnav after that it should be alright, this feature is there with the default Asobo 78X too. I’m on xbox too
:+1:

1 Like

It is pure exterior cosmetic, and maybe a touch of handling difference. That said, I bought it because the -9 is my favorite variant. -10 is my least favorite.

Problem is it still stutters just like the -10

I’ve been using 4Simmers’ Market Place B789 offering alongside Asobo’s B78X for several weeks and am finding both to be kick in the pants FUN!

I scour FlightAware for real-world B787 flights and, where I can find proper liveries, replicate them in the sim. Great fun and as close as I can get to flying around the world while seated in my second bedroom “office” / “flight deck”. I haven’t experienced any negatives–performance or otherwise–with either.

4Simmers is only lacking in that their B789 doesn’t fully implement importing flight plans from SimBrief–yet.

That’s so dumb like I bought it in standard version and I didn’t know that and now my airplane is pink and checkered and I’m on xbox

I noted the EFB does not power up with this 4Simmers 787 900

Any ideas