Anyone working on Gardermoen Norway?

Anyone know if someone is working on a bespoke Gardermoen Norway airport (ENGM)?

I was so excited when the Nordics where introduced - they had to include the biggest airport in Norway. Sadly they didn’t. I thought maybe it’s because Asobo don’t want to compete with third party developers, and Gardermoen is already being worked on by soneone else.

However there is absolutely no information about anyone working on this airport. There is only this one: Oslo Airport 2020 (ENGM) for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS. And don’t get me wrong. It’s a great airport and even better because it’s free. But it is lacking. And it’s not on the marketplace so it’s not available for the X-Box.

2 Likes

I second this, but allow me to use harsher language.

WHERE THE HELL IS ENGM?!

The capital airport of Norway! Gateway to the North! Ancestral home of the CAT III landing! The mightiest trap hole of fog that would otherwise spill down onto the European continent and wreak havoc among those lesser airports! In times of crisis it forms the torso in combination with ENBR, ENVA, ENTC and ENZV to create “ENOMG The Delayer” - The greatest runway mech of all, and the salvation of humanity.

Also the freeware is halted. Aerosoft already saw fit to release ENGM for Xplane 11 and FSX, Copenhagen and Stockholm has gotten theirs - so what in the tax-free is taking them so long?

I got my limp, norwegian wallet hanging out and everyone is like nah.

5 Likes

Also scandalous since it’s the place Airbus does their freezing fog flight testing.

2 Likes

What’s wrong with the freeware version?

I don’t know how to answer this. You surely can see the quality and details in some of best native or third party airports and what the same quality could do for Gardermoen?

Discontinued and not updated.

Freeware looks totaly unreal , starting from Tower , there is another tower as well wchich is not existing in real life . Its just totaly wird making Nordic addon without capitol of Norway … Aerosoft !- come on! ENGM and ENBR ! U made them before !

2 Likes

Been a while since this post, but still nothing seems to be happening with regards to a good version of ENGM.
Considering there are a whole load of Norwegian Airports from Orbx, Aerosoft and OnFinal, so there is clearly a market. Yet no only is there no Oslo, there is also no Tromso, Bergen or Stavanger.
If the smaller airports can sell, then I’m sure the bigger ones will do a roaring trade!

3 Likes

Freeware ENGM looks good, but has given me several CTDs lately, so it is unfortunately unusable in its current state.

I’m in the same boat - so in lack of any info, I’ve started on one myself. I’m fairly new to SDK work though - so no promises if I’ll even finish.

1 Like

Gardermoen is my home airport and was also my clear favorite in X-Plane 11 with the Aerosoft installed. Where is this beauty? By the way, there is a very good ENBR on flightsim.to, including custom animated jetways (also the new terminal!)

1 Like

I think this is payware quality (except the ground textures)

1 Like

I have messaged Mathijs Kok from Aerosoft, and they have not planned to develop Oslo Gardermoen for MSFS. They made it for FSX/P3D, and X-Plane 11. Norwegians miss this beauty very much! Anyone who knows if Oslo is in the making?

1 Like

Did you try the freeware version?

2 Likes

Yes, i’ve flown there a lot. The buildings aren’t real at all, especially the tower. The gates look awful. We need a real payware scenery for this airport

3 Likes

just please dont post this link anymore , its not even half way engm.

1 Like

Thats the thing, the freeware one is absolutely rubbish. Its not enjoyable to fly to ENGM in MSFS with this undone scenery

1 Like

I have a little ENGM project going on. It’s going to be dope. I have progressed well with it. I’m sure you will like it.

6 Likes

Super nice to hear! What a great initiative, looking forward to it

A little preview to whet your appetite :sunglasses:

7 Likes