AP NAV fail when entering VR

Good day, Folks! :slight_smile:

Is there anyone who observed similar: In flight I paused and left VR in oder to do some setting work. In another flight I just left VR as it was a longer distance and I wanted to get rid of my goggles for a while.

When re-entering VR the aircraft left its’ trajectory approximately 90 degs to the right.

AP remained active, so did NAV and ALT modes, navigation mode GPS unchanged. I tried to disable/enable AP, then NAV, switched navigation modes forth and back, entered next waypoint as a direct - all without effect. Even going th HDG mode did not change the aircrafts mind to follow the wrong course. I went to manual flying, but again aircraft tried to get back to wrong course autmatically.

However when I left VR, the aircraft immediately went back to the planned course. So it remained when re-entering VR. I had the effect in a Carenado M20, the defailt C172-G100 and the Citation long range, so I do not think this to be aircraft-related.

Anybody else observing similar effects?

Regards,
Gelfling

Gear: Saitek Yoke, Throttle, Pedals, Siwtch + Multi Panel and the X56 Stick+Throttle set.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.