App could not start, Exception code: 0x80000003

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No, both new installed windows and FlightSimulator

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Fresh new system and FlightSimulator.

Brief description of the issue:

After the last FlightSimulator upgrade, my app could never run as the video link below.
The FlightSimulator was working perfectly on my PC but not now. Even I do fresh install the windows serval times.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://youtu.be/Te2prKqDWjk

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Just on a new Windows 11 system and new install FlightSimulator.

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

Asus Strix LC RTX4090 OC 24G. Nvidia Game Ready Driver version 551.86 and other versions tested the same.

Tried newly installed Windows 10 and a fresh new flight simulator, all works fine. This issue for me happened on Windows 11 ONLY.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

CPU: tried both i9-14900k and i5-14600k
Motherboard: Asus Strix Z790-A D (Bios v 2002 and v 2102 are tested)
Ram: 64G (32Gx2)
GPU: Nvidia 4090 24G

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Fault bucket 2249776710998971622, type 5
Event Name: MoAppCrash
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.36.2.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
P2: praid:App
P3: 1.36.2.0
P4: 00000000
P5: FlightSimulator.exe
P6: 1.36.2.0
P7: 00000000
P8: 80000003
P9: 0000000001de1610
P10: strong text

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.36.2.0_x64

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Hi @XiaoHuX2610 ,

We’ve moved your topic into the User Support Hub.

The Bug Reporting Hub is for posting suspected or confirmed bugs that other users are able to reproduce without duplicating an existing bug report. Using the template or providing all the relevant information about your bug and sim setup is required in order to provide valuable information, feedback, and replication steps to our test team.

If you are not sure if your issue is a bug or need further input from the community, please use the User Support Hub category. If the community can replicate your issue, first search the Bug category to see if there’s an existing topic. If it already exists, contribute to that report. Duplicate bug reports will be closed.

If you believe it is a new report and no duplicate exists, then create a new bug topic using the provided topic template.

All issues caused by or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. Assure that no addons/mods are used when reporting issues in Bug Reports.

Check out that topic:

Also those existing ones in User Support Hub Crashes (CTDs) :
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/search?q=0x80000003%20%23user-support-hub%20in%3Atitle

Thanks [DementedCorn327]
Tried the setting manage virtual memory to ‘Automatic manage paging file size’ and ‘Custom size’ and ‘System managed size’. as the topic described. None of these methods work.

Tried to ‘uninstall update kb5033375’ I do not have this update in my WIn11 system (23H2 22631.3296)

Also Tried to swap RAM and do swap CPU, didn’t fix.

Tried to swap another 4090 VGA card, all the same.

Tried to use the CPU’s VGA port (Intel ARC) nothing changed.

Meantime, I ran Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider for a few hours as a comparison, and they all worked perfectly.

How far along in the start process does the sim get?

As video link above. In most cases it goes to just before Home Page(tile menu) shows or in some cases just show Home Page few seconds then crash.

1 Like

Good news, I found the solution.

Install .NET Framework 3.5
Then it must be upgraded to Windows 11(X64), version 23H2 (KB5034467), this is the KEY.

February 13, 2024-KB5034467 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 and Windows 11, version 23H2

After the patch is done, power cycle the PC.
Enjoy.

Thanks to my friends, I couldn’t have discovered this method without your help.

1 Like

Great to hear, I have marked your last post as the solution.
Happy flights !

I’m having the same error message:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.36.2.0, time stamp: 0x65a6e79d
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.36.2.0, time stamp: 0x65a6e79d
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x0000000001f42032
Faulting process id: 0x0x7D30
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA9279ECF092F2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 52357222-fc74-48ba-922c-2fd9d3294bbc
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I’ve tried everything i can find online. I’ve check that I have .Net up to date and latest Windows 11.

Still, my game crashes while checking for update.

I am not sure we have the same problem.
If your Windows 11 is newly installed you may try:

1. Update this Windows 11 (Win → Settings → Windows Update → Check Updates)
  2. Install “.NET Framework 3.5” MANUALLY, this will NOT be installed by Windows default by Windows update or by installing the Flight Simulator App. (Win → Settings → System → Optional features → More Windows features → tick “.NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)” → “OK”)
  3. Update .NET Framework 3.5 to ( 2024-KB5034467 or higher ) as item 1 described.
  4. Reboot Windows