Approach flyback bug - Not fixed as stated in SU5

#17 Flight Planner Reshuffling after a change - is also not fixed, so definitely not going as planned at Asobo at the moment.

As a heads-up, both the approach flyback and the flight planner reshuffling will receive additional fixes in Sim Update 6 according to todayā€™s Feedback Snapshot.

This game is unplayable. It would have needed three years of work on it

man i was going to post this and then glad i read this threadā€¦ it seems way off from the su4ā€¦ so how do you guys handles this? I just make my heading fixed during the transition and pressed direct toā€¦ but when i aproach the first approach leg, it just jumps to whatever it is before decel on the a320.

Really struggling to learn the FMC because of this and other bugs, and the lack of a checklist or any assistance within the game/sim (no offence intended to the serious people out there). Iā€™ve spent a lot of time flying larger aircraft and it is so frustrating that the fuel can be compromised and an extra 40 mins incurred by this bug. I donā€™t know how to put a direct to into FMC so I cannot use that fix. I fly with heading mode and follow the lines and the numbers for altitude (or ATC) but this is really difficult. Iā€™m really grateful to the community for making me feel Iā€™m not alone - thanks people. Iā€™d be grateful for this fix, please, please, please.

Looked into this issue today to find out more as to why it was pushed to Sim Update 6. Our team let me know that they were able to fix this bug partially, but there are some edge cases are not yet solved so they didnā€™t feel right marking it as fixed. Further work is being done to solve this issue fully with WTā€™s new implementations.

6 Likes

Hey, what plane are you flying, might have a youtube video for you on how to use the FMC.

Thank you for your effort

Solution: Until the shameful approach bug and flight planning is fixed, I am using the external, obsolete but still fully functional VASFMC 2.1 (standalone version) instead of the built-in FMS to my full satisfaction (must have FSUIPC installed). This FMS has all the features needed for serious IFR flying (SIDs, STARs, Approaches, Holds, VNAV, etc.). Fully functional with e.g. FBW A320NEO (stable version), TBM 930, etc. Due to the complexity of the VASFMS, I recommend to study the manual thoroughly.
VASFMC 2.1 can be downloaded from many places on the internet, it is OPENSOURCE, previously very used in FSX, P3D and X-plane.
I will provide more detailed info to anyone interested.

Just wanted to chime in with my experience as of today. Had a flight plan KDFW ā†’ KIAD flying the FBW A32NX. Was pre-planned for runway 01R ILS approach. When I get near Dulles ATC assigns me to 19R ILS. Okay, so I go into flight plan, change it to 19R. Flight plan reloads and attempts to fly me back to USR waypoint 1013 miles all the way back to DFW. Had to take the plane off autopilot, manually get myself onto the ILS approach, activate approach mode and then re-enable the autopilot. Iā€™ve had this happen before while on approach to LAX once before as well.

I really do hope the upcoming fixes help solve this issue.

1 Like

One work around that Iā€™ve been doing is Iā€™ll insert a navaid or POI about 20 miles from the airport on the flight plan in the world map page. Iā€™ll wait until I pass that POI before doing anything approach related. That way it only sends me back to that point instead of a point that I probably passed an hour ago.

How long is this going to take Asobo?

1 Like

This problem still exists. It occurs often and should be fixed because it is really annoying. The developers of MSFS must know about this problem. Guys, instead of adding a kazillion new features, please fix the problems in the original sim first.

4 Likes

I posted in the Flyback bug for SU4 and now Iā€™m posting in the Flyback bug for SU5ā€¦

What a disappointmentā€¦

Future me: Check this post, copy paste and add SU6!

1 Like

Unless WT perfects their G1000Nxi until SU6 and rolls out the underlying FP to other planes , there is a very good chance you will be back at SU6.

I absolutely hate this bug. Please Asobo listen to your gamers. This bug KILLS the experience. Thereā€™s nothing more disheartening than flying a 2-3 hour flight only for the game to screw you over in the last 50 miles. At the moment it always wants to take me back to the first waypoint in the flight which tends to be on the SID just after departure. Having to disconnect AP and then fly HDG mode or manually is just not a proper simulation.

STOP ADDING NEW FEATURES AND FIX WHATā€™S BROKEN.

3 Likes

Iā€™m having the same issue, plus it wants to take me to the first waypoint after i insert a direct in the airbus fmcā€¦

Anyone see this fixed in SU6 patch notes? I couldnā€™tā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s probably not going to get fixed permanently until you use a Working Title FMS with their revised ARINC compliant Flight Planner logic. Currently that would be the CJ4 and the NXi.

Long term - when WT rips out the legacy FP code and replaces it with whatā€™s inside NXi/CJ4, then likely this bug will remain permanently resolved.

2 Likes

Understood. Thank you.