April 2024 Developer Live Stream Main Discusion Areas

Was a bit shocked Jorg had no clue about the DX12 bug that we all have seen at airports with bleed through of tiles, etc. It’s also one of the most updated forum bugs. Hopefully if I understood Martial correctly, MSFS 2024 will be heavily improved w/ DX12 and at some point, this bug may be fixed, but I couldn’t understand his response too well.

To be fair they repeated the point that if any improvements made for 2024 can be ported back to 2020, they will be.

1 Like

I am surprised that Jorg stated there are no two Bing maps and it’s all one! Yet, we are seeing Bing Maps changing (not recently but just up to a few weeks ago). All they need to do is review this Bug Report with pictures and dates that the new and old Bing maps showed up in the Sim:

The Top Gun expansion removal might be a major issue for other mods.

It introduced moving landable surfaces and it may be that that function is tied to this expansion, but hopefully not.

Additionally there are several carrier mods that use its arrestor wires and the meatball.

Existing owners will be fine, but it’ll mean any newcomers will be missing some major functions and the mods that use it won’t really be saleable.

And that’s before we get to MSFS 2024. I assume that might have something too.

Not surprising there’s a limited shelf life, but they could do with making the actual components generic.

5 Likes