APU won't start in default 747-8i

Hello, im trying to start up the 747 from cold and dark but for some reason the APU dont want to start. I already followed the checklist in-game and watched some tutorials. Any idea whats going on?

Same problem here. Tried everything, even un-installed and re-installed the aircraft. The APU on the B747 will not start for me, noticed this starting a few weeks back (maybe around early August). Using the CTRL-E keyboard shortcut gets the APU and engines going but trying to execute the steps manually no longer works.

I find that this is not a bug. You need to have fuel loaded in the 4 engines to turn on apu.

Hmmm… Did you notice me mentioning that if I use CTRL-E shortcut, the APU starts? And, to be clear, the aircraft IS fueled.

Just tested. The APU uses fuel from the #2 tank.
You need only fuel in this tank to be able to start the APU.

Battery ON
standby power AUTO
APU START

3 Likes

Thank you, did not know this piece of info - Tank 2 needs to have fuel. The other tanks were filled enough but 2 was empty. Filled it with fuel and thing work fine now. Works!

1 Like

Each main fuel tank is feeding its engine directly, so all 4 must always be filled.
If you don’t need 100% fuel, it’s the center tank fuel which is optional.

1 Like

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no
Brief description of the issue:

When moving the APU to start it starts loading, it gets to about 6% start and then it shuts down.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

XBOX Series X
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

I believe it started on 3 builds ago. Sorry I cant be specific on this.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hi @SmithAlphaTeam,
Assure there is fuel in the #2 tank.

1 Like