Are Asobo and MS reading our comments here?

Hi,
I was just wondering if Asobo and/or MS actually take the time to read our comments and feedback here !

Unlike Laminar’s exceptional PR job, I’ve never seen any Asobo/MS member interact with any of our community member apart from their fancy useless Q&A in which they answer everything but the most important questions !

We need a little more presence on forums !

sincerely

16 Likes

Whilst there has been an acknowledgement that the Asobo team read the forums, yesterday’s Q&A session highlighted a disconnect between Microsoft, Asobo and the community in terms of current issues. Outside of that, no is the simple answer.

16 Likes

I read the complaints on here and people have lots of different ones. If they were the same they would have something to fix but they are not. What doesn’t work for some people works for others who have a different complaint. If they read them all what on earth are they going to fix. They could try and fix one thing and spoil it for someone else. I can’t see the point in them trying. Incidently, I and many others have had zero problems, so I think lot of the issues are caused by something else.

2 Likes

Not sure I would agree with any sort of disconnect. In fact, I have never witnessed a development so upfront and transparent with its customers involving such a complex piece of development.

16 Likes

They dont have to. There is the zendesk platform to report issues and there are moderators here. The developers work is not to read the forums… They are very transparent with everything, i cant see any „disconnect“, quite the opposite.

2 Likes

You really haven’t been paying attention then. Go check Jayne’s forum activity and the activity from other members of the MSFS Community Team.

8 Likes

This - there’s a pretty major Community Team presence on the forums.

1 Like

Seb has mentioned several times during past live chats that he spends a few hours each day reading this forum.

2 Likes

If that was the case, you’d think he’d have a bit more of an idea of the pulse of the community. He seems as disconnected as someone who’s never read a line of this forum. He also said in the past he spends hours flying the sim. Yet when the issue of ATIS always reporting 3 incorrect cloud layers came up in the Q&A, he was clueless and it was almost a complet shock to him to hear that.

Sorry, but I’m rather doubtful of Seb’s claims.

19 Likes

Oh I get it man. This obviously can’t be verified by anyone other than Seb. But it was quite funny yesterday to watch everyone on the live feed go into that deer in the headlights mode when a seemingly simple question was asked.

5 Likes

lol Indeed. No one has any idea that this major bug that’s been there since launch existed, despite them claiming to play the sim all the time. It’s not like this is an occasional bug that pops up in some obscure set of circumstances. EVERYONE is getting this ALL THE TIME. And they were utterly clueless about it.

That in itself speaks volumes about their quality control IMHO when all 3 guys at the head of the project who claim to use the product regularly have no idea about something like that.

8 Likes

Yes and a link to the forum thread was even provided! I think he was pretending not to know in order to avoid answering. The other guy with the long hair has also dodged this question twice in Q/As. It’s getting frustrating now. 3 times they have been asked about the ATIS and they still pretend they don’t know about it.

4 Likes

Myself and others were just fine (and probably thought like you) until WU3 dropped and everything went into the toilet. I used to chuckle at some of the ‘bug’ reports myself and think noobs, and then BAM now Im a noob too. OH wait without making a single change to my system this afternoon Im flying at 38-40 on ultra, this morning, yesterday 30-20-10-1 constantly over and over again…

1 Like

Missing log books were reported to ZenDesk multiple times last week, and in the Q and A the Devs said they hadn’t heard of the problem…Yeah no Disconnect there at all.

3 Likes

Only because the dev in the livestream didnt hear about that doesnt mean NO ONE at asobo knows about it. They are 100+ peoples, working from home, not EVERYONE of them needs to know about every small bug.
The guy on the stream is working on the game-engine and port to the XBOX fulltime right now, the last thing he has to care about is the logbook…

1 Like

During the last Twitch Developer Q&A session, Seb was genuinely surprised with the existence of shoreline glitch (water triangles) introduced with US World Update, which is massively documented on the forums, with the before (great) and after (awful) screens. There is even a mod attempting to remediate the glitch.

So I would say they are to busy with other tasks, to read the forums. I can understand why Seb as CEO can’t spend time in the forums, but hard to understand why they neglect these forums as information source. Possibly a small team or even part time employee could follow the forums and report to the management. Sometimes the experienced users like @CptLucky8 provide very strong hypothesis regarding the root causes of the various bugs (LOD, tree draw), unfortunately Asobo seems ignoring this :frowning:

4 Likes

bur Jorg was aware of it and said they will work on that in the future. So, not EVERYONE in a 100+ heads team has to know about EVERYTHING. If you work in a big company you only have to know the stuff you are working on, its called efficiency.

coughcoughXBOXcoughcough

7 Likes

That’s exactly how it went down for me as well. 5+ months of reading of horrible issues others were experiencing while I was flying around the planet at 40+ fps, only experiencing a few minor bugs here and there. And then WU3 hit and ruined my simming experience.

There’s a guy who probably has more of a clue as to how things work in the underlying engine (at least the FSX-inherited code base) than anyone currently at Asobo, yet they’ve ignored every contact attempt he’s made. It’s a shame, really.

5 Likes

If you’ll forgive me but spoken like a man who has no issues unresolved!