Are Asobo and MS reading our comments here?

That’s partially true. The CMs are Microsoft employees. They do communicate directly at times. Jayne has been quite good most of the time.

That said, they can only say / do what they’re allowed to by their superiors.

2 Likes

That’s not what I believe, only explaining the point (that questions the point of the post) above mine. During the live Q & A they sure do interact with the community.

Unfortunately, it’s much the way politicians do when asked questions. There’s a lot of talking, but very little in terms of any concrete information.

3 Likes

Let’s agree to disagree… opposite for me.

I think we all be bored out of our minds to have these conversations over and over… they are fun though.

I agree with you but with wu3 and last Sim update they also released a HotFix which solved performance issues for lots of simmers including myself everything was running buttery before the last update. The stutters for me are incredible especially over Paris.

But it didnt fix it for everyone. After WU3 I had bad performance that turned out to be a really old cache, once I got that removed, it was running well again, then came the patch, and BAM back in the toilet.

I honestly don’t understand how it is perceived that the live Q&A is only talks without substance. I have over 20 pages of notes from the Q&As and there is lots to talk about. They wont be able to get in the large details of specific questions, but they try to provide updates on how things are going and answering people’s questions. Maybe some of the people watching the Q&As simply don’t hear what they want to hear.
But as some have said above, MS and Asobo are being asked more than the average gaming community, and is great to see more than a few blank statements. They are trying, and they need more work on that, but they are at least trying to connect with the community and create dialog.

2 Likes

FSX & MS Flight will “NEVER” die, because you will always be able to run them, like they ran during their time of popularity.

MSFS 2020 is different – as soon as MS turn off the servers – MSFS 2020 is DEAD !!

Unless by that time, we all have 2048+ TB Drives to cache ALL the scenery

5 Likes

Right ! I’ll let you keep them alive then ! with your money ! in the mean time, i’ll go fly an actual flight simulator ! :wink:

Agree…
Jorg, Sebastian and Martial are passionate and honest when it comes to the MSFS Brand. They are not hiding behind a rock. They want everyone to know who they are. They will be the first to admit that they are human and make mistakes. They also want you to know that they are working extremely hard and want the absolute best for MSFS and the flight sim community. We should all be thankful they have created a product that lets us debate about it in real time. If you really hated the product, you wouldn’t be on the forums.

5 Likes

That has been my position all along…ty. Quite honestly, the way some people come across in here, who would want to talk with them. The opening remarks is a classic example! :hushed:

1 Like

This question is asked in the Q&A at 45:58. The answer Martial gave was pretty clear: They know about it, the bug has been fixed, and it will not happen again. So what even on planet Earth are you talking about them not knowing about it? Have you even watched the Q&A?

5 Likes

Sure, I always say everyone should do what makes them happy. This is supposed to be a game, a hobby, a pleasurable pastime. I hope you enjoy whatever sim you wish to play, and you can dance the sky on laughter silvered wings.

1 Like

Thanks so much for clarifying…LOL!

You are quite welcome…

Yes, very true. This is the sad nature of a lot of games today. It’s easier to play games from the early 2000s or before rather than 2010 onwards. Once they started building in always on DRM checks, it all changed.

At least with MSFS there is a very good reason for the always on requirement - we have the whole world available.

Many games have zero need for these checks but they do it anyway. I’m pretty sure in 20 years time I won’t be able to play most of the games I own (license) today - but my offline games will run fine!

No real solution here. XPlane and P3D have similar checks when you first install - to say nothing of all the addons that do the same.

Of all the companies in flight sim though, I do believe that Microsoft will be around in 20 years time and they will still be interested in software. Not so sure that Lockheed Martin will keep P3D activation servers running that long. They aren’t really a consumer company.

And Laminar is essentially one product and one man. If anything happens to either of them (even just Austin retiring), who knows.

I choose to enjoy flight sim (all of em) right now, and I’ll let the future worry about itself.

1 Like

There’s zendesk.

Top issues in this forum with most votes get their attention and is talked about in development updates.

Other than that, don’t expect more

Report via zendesk. Forums are just for everyone to collectively complain and high five each other.

1 Like

disclaimer! flying is my job ! just an FYI ! that’s why we expect excellence in the sim

2 Likes