Are there any plans to fix the flightsimulator.com website feed?

I’ve been trying to track news of updates on flightsimulator.com since the sim released last year but no matter what I try the site consistently does not load the most recent news. I have to refresh several times, try different devices/browsers until eventually it randomly starts working. I notice that clicking the Login button also doesn’t do anything.

I’m using the latest version of Chrome on most of the devices that I browse with although the issue also happens on iOS Safari pretty consistently. Is there an RSS feed somewhere I could subscribe to instead?

Hi @somedude4994.

The issue(s) you are describing are well known and have existed for months. The first issue seems to be a caching issue, you could try using Ctrl+F5 to clear your browser cache. If that doesn’t solve the issue, it may bay be a CDN caching issue.

I assume your login issue relates to an XBLA error during authentication. If this is the case you will be redirected to the home page and ?autherror=xbla_invalid will be appended onto the URL. For information on troubleshooting this error click here.

However, you probably don’t need to worry about authenticating with the website as it provides no additional features at this time.

If you want a new feed you have a few options:
You could monitor the official Twitter feeds: @MSFSofficial, @MSFS_Support. Additionally, most announcements are posted to the News & Announcments forum category.

You can set your category notification status by clicking the bell icon on the right at the top of the topic feed. By setting this to “Watching First Post” you will get a forum notification every time a new topic is created in this category. Forum Staff are the only users who can post here so you won’t get spammed.

You can further change your notification settings on your preferences page to enable/disable email notifications.

Finally, if you are a programmer you can make use of Discourse RESTful APIs to create a small application to provide you with alerts/messages/etc whenever a new topic is created.

2 Likes

Nothing help. Now and with MS Edge