Arrow III Airspeed Indicator in MPH

I edited the Airspeed Indicator in the JustFlight Piper Arrow III to MILES PER HOUR by editing the .DDS file with a photo of my own Arrow’s gauge.

Finally, no more “knots to MPH” mental math while I’m flying approaches!!!

mph

5 Likes

Nice job. I’m not trying to start any arguments about measurement, but I’m curious why you prefer to use MPH in your head instead of knots? EDIT: He explained in the post. Oops.

1 Like

As the poster stated, the change is from a photo of the gage in their own plane.

2 Likes

I’m having a really hard time understanding the logic behind this change, you do you, but MPH is irrelevant to keeping the airplane flying, only Indicated Airspeed ( in knots ) matters.

I think he flies an Arrow IRL and is used to MPH on his ASI instead of knots. I’m in the same situation - I always liked the VFlyteAir Arrow in the-other-sim because you could switch the ASI (and Aspen speed tape) to MPH. I fly a 1969 Arrow IRL, as well. ASI is in MPH and I’m always doing a bit of mental math in various phases of flight with the JF Arrow.

3 Likes

Older gauges were often in MPH versus knots. Some light/sport aircraft still use it as well.

But in the end, it doesn’t matter what metric you use for airspeed, a certain indicated airspeed will produce a certain amount of performance. You just have to convert all the values between each other for it to make sense relative to the value you’re used to (or what’s perhaps printed in a POH). It can be knots, mph, kph, furlongs per hour, feet per parsec, it doesn’t matter. Just make sure you’re using the same units (or converting) for v-speeds, performance calcs, navigation, etc.

1 Like

I think I’m going to give this “reading the whole post” thing a try :laughing:

2 Likes

To be fair, I had to re-read my post to make sure I did mention it was a photo of my plane IRL. :smile:

1 Like

If you’d like it, I could give you a copy of my dds file.

I would love it!! And thank you!!

I’ll message you for your email address.