AS CRJ bought via MSFS marketplace causes instant CTDs

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
Only FBW 320

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No Dev mode

Brief description of the issue:
The AS CRJ cannot be installed. Started with SU4 and the updated CRJ, was not fixed in WU5 by now. CRJ downloads nice through marketplace but once I launch a flight with the CRJ the titles CTDs. When restarting MSFS then the title CTDs during startup/splash screens. Only cure is to delete the CRJ and not let it even close to MSFS. AS mentioned it is an encryption issue with the DLC after some including me submitted dump files, see https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/164658-crash-after-update/&do=findComment&comment=1046056. Also, MS mentioned on my Zendesk ticket they would be awre of the issue and work on it. While they keep working on it they refuse a refund for the DLC which leaves my CRJ grounded for almost 4 weeks by now.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
well, itā€™s a CTD

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Download and load the CRJ from the marketplace

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
With SU4

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Store version

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

Hi, I have the same problem

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
Only FBW 320

No Dev mode

When I go to the hangar to select the crj 500/700 I have a ctd, this happens with the last update of the crj 500/700.
Reinstall all my msfs and the same thing keeps happening

Windows 10 version: 21H1

well, itā€™s a CTD

Download and load the CRJ from the marketplace

With SU4

Steam version

Check the Aerosoft forums. They report the problem with the CRJ has been isolated on the Asobo endā€¦specifically with the code that loads the Marketplace version of the CRJ. There appears to be no problem with the CRJ itself, which would explain why versions purchased from other stores work fine. Only those who purchased from Marketplace have been having troubleā€¦ever since Sim Update 4 (1.16.3.0) and Aerosoft CRJ update 1.0.4. For those of us who purchased from Marketplace, the CRJ has been out of service now for four weeks, with no solution coming any time soon.

None

No Dev mode

Open World Map and few seconds later i am back at Steam
Fresh install (deleted files in AppData->User->Flight Simulator
Windows 10 version: 21H1

well, itā€™s a CTD

No mods installed,
every World Update installed, FBW+CRJ through Marketplace purchased and installed

With World Update V (Nordic)

Steam version

1 Like

Interestingā€¦ I have MSFS Steam edition, with the CRJ from the MSFS Marketplace, and the non-marketplace FBW (installed with the FBW installer) Iā€™ve never had issues and I just did a flight post update this weekend. Iā€™ll be curious to see what the deal is.

I had the problem of the CRJ not updating which required me to manually delete the crj folder from MSFS directory and reinstall but itā€™s been running great.

I am only aware of the combination MS Store version MSFS with marketplace version CRJ, Steam and AS shop directly seem to work all fine

steam version doesnā€™t work for me, I have CTDs every time I select the CRJ

1 Like

AS and Asobo are narrowing things down wrt CTDs of the marketplace ā– ā– ā– ā–  All those effected, please chime in here to submit your system configuration:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/164658-crash-after-update/&do=findComment&comment=1046903

1 Like

Thanks for the info LH4371

Update from AS based on MS feedback: MS changed the marketplace encryption process with SU4, requiring a specific CPU instruction not available on older CPUs. This not only applies to the marketplace CRJ but any further DLC based on WASM, so airplanes. If that remains the case then MS should no further deny my refund for the useless DLC

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/164658-crash-after-update/&do=findComment&comment=1046943

first it works then not is not fair because of changing some encryptionā€¦

So, we wonā€™t be able to fly with the CRJ? omg!

Letā€™s wait. Maybe they are willing to change it again

Else, ask Xbox support for a refund.
If denied, revoke your credit card payment through your bank
Then buy the CRJ directly from AS

and what happens if they do the same with the entire sim?

that was a valid post, I guess. not myself so into HW details, let alone CPU instructions but if there is a way to ā€œcompensateā€ a missing CPU instruction for older CPUs then MS/Asobo could look into it.
well, last word is not spoken from Asobo whether or not they are able or willing to revert the new encryption process/logic with SU4. Standing byā€¦

Thats why i retracted, until Asobo says anything its pointless scrutinizing what one developer said, which might not even be the full picture. As for the instruction, as i understand it is just a more efficient shift, so what it does can be accomplished other ways with a couple extra steps. Personally i wouldnā€™t mind MSFS loading 5 seconds longer if it means I can fly what I paid for, if thatā€™s the core issue.

I feel bad for you all though, at least Black Box Simulation did the awesome thing and got us the non-marketplace version. Yada yada aerosoft has a lot more customers, canā€™t afford it or whatever, but its been a real bummer watching this from the sidelines, Iā€™m not sure they realize the long term damage they are doing by taking the ā€˜Marketplace planes arenā€™t our planesā€™ stanceā€¦Good luck yall

2 Likes

For those affected by CTDs of the marketplace CRJ since SU4: MS/Asobo will fix this which is related to a new encryption process introduced with SU4 which requires now specific CPU instructions which only newer CPUs are capable of. More - also background information on the CPU instructions - can be found here:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/164658-crash-after-update/&do=findComment&comment=1047048

2 Likes

How to get a CRJ refund?

When is this going to be fixed?

1 Like

So, after reading other " Market Place " purchase disasters, it looks like the so-called in-game Market Place is the last place to purchase from, we should post a WARNING on every part of the forum or send an email to every user to avoid this.

1 Like