Asobo and Microsoft are sacrificing their loyal customers and developers for x-Box Players

ok, you’re right. It might be worth a try, i though that should maybe be turned on, but I’m mistaken.

I’m not surprised by this as I said yesterday what must hard core sim companies like PMDG think now when they are perfecting a study level 777 747 737etc for around £70 to see the base game wrecked like this.

1 Like

There are separate graphic options for Xbox and PC. In fact, consoles don’t have any graphics options for MSFS beyond enabling HDR.

Meanwhile on PC you have a plethora of options and can even go into config files and tweak settings to your liking.

That is not a good thing for console users either. It means it was rushed and things like motion blur and even anti aliasing have become options on some console titles. Just because it’s a console doesn’t mean it can’t adjust it’s scaling. It just means the devs dumbed it down so you can’t adjust it. That is actually not good console design either. Especially with all the different TV and modes these machines can run in. Giving all end users controls over graphics and performance is a good thing and shows a mature well though out product. I’ve seen so many bad console ports with forced post processing that just blurs the entire scene and renderings a perfect image flawed. Happens all the time…

2 Likes

I am afraid that MSFS is intended to be a game and nothing else.

3 Likes

I really, really hope this is NOT going to happen and we get a fix. Cannot imagine what would happen if PMDG backs off…not now! We need a fix to get back again, and do what we love…Fly.

I miss my DC6B SU4 so bad you have no idea…I even got up early to fly that build for one more day thinking imagine if they mess this up… I never did get to fly her again. Grounded ever since. Not even the hangar worked hahah.

2 Likes

Sad if this is the intention

I wholeheartedly agree.
That’s why opposing xbox and pc users is not sensible.
It’s not a zero sum game, a lot of what benefits one group benefits the other and vice versa.

1 Like

Hey! I totally feel for you man…I too am getting withdrawal symptoms and hoping like hell that some UPDATE is developed to just get us back to flying again…

Hope you get it sorted. I’m finding the DC6 really slick in SU5 - the performance boost has really helped VR experience :smiley:

2 Likes

Happy for you…please think of us who are GROUNDED at the moment due to Tecnical issues :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You have ‘totally’ missed the point…

Xbox is what will make or break MSFS and we (PC simmers) need the Xbox version to be successful. If MSFS does not meet the expectations that Microsoft has for it, they’ll pull the plug - its just that simple. While I don’t like being thrown in the backseat behind Xbox, its what is best for the sim.

1 Like

Yeah I do. There is a lot they need to sort out. I’ve been lucky and most things seem to work pretty well on my rig … obviously better than for a lot of folks. My ISP did ensure it took me over a week to download and install however :grimacing: can’t blame Asobo or MS for that one!

Did I ear you say it took you over a week to download and install ?
OH my… I would have found a hot spot somewhere and downloaded to a laptop and then copied over to my PC… over a week…oh my…I cannot even imagine hanging in there that long.

I withdrew my post. I didn’t fully read your post before responding. But I totally agree with your assessment!

1 Like

This is what I like to here!:beers:
I’ll give the sim another go in VR later when things are improved for VR specifically!

1 Like

it definitely helps make contrast much better for PC users

I held off getting the dc6 although I read it was brilliant as I prefer the modern jets and it’s the 777 I was going to get from PMDG.