Asobo and Microsoft are sacrificing their loyal customers and developers for x-Box Players

Yeah at times I was peaking at 0.2Mbps … 1% of the ‘guaranteed minimum’ (which is not fast anyway). ISP eventually admitted there was a system fault. I missed 1.18.13 altogether :laughing: Ironically between me stopping and restarting the process; and frequent total dropouts of the service … the MSFS download/install process itself actually worked flawlessly. Go figure…

Well, I have to say good for you for hanging in there so long. My patience would have been tested to the end. I would have continued but probably not as long as you… good for you. That just says to everyone that we do love our MSFS… Have a great week !

1 Like

At least most of you can get the sim to run. I was able to “upgrade” to SU5 on the PC. I was able to load the sim 1 time after that. I tweaked a few control settings and then went to bed. I left my PC running and came back to it the next morning. I tried to load MSFS and all I got was the Windows Store and Gaming Services page. I have tried for a week now to get the sim running and it still won’t load. I went back to FS9 with years of add ons on my old PC this morning. It was very nice to have everything work again and have a smooth flight. Unless I find a fix for this issue with MSFS I am giving up for good on it. Like I said I have been trying everything I could find on the internet to fix it and nothing. I even contacted MS. Their advice was to buy the Steam version. Really MS?

Can we all agree that this is a temporary setback for both users and developers. Frustrating, absolutely. For those of you that are having major problems or can’t run the sim, it really sucks. However, think about what was just achieved for the first time on a console. Everything that has broken-down from this cross-platform update is not perpetual, its actually a huge milestone that will highly benefit everyone moving forward on both platforms. Sure, there is a lot of shock and debris to clean up, and many will suffer for a while, but what will be achieved in the long term when we look back will make this feel inconsequential and worth the leap. Even companies like MS/Asobo will fail before they succeed. These growing pains are all necessary to take MSFS to the next level. The eternal flight sim light has not burned out.

4 Likes

I don’t think MS is getting the message yet. Flight sims are not meant for consoles.

3 Likes

I just noticed there isn’t any cloud shadows is this a bug or is there a setting to display them?

Do XBox users have a different forum from this one? If there are so many XBox users, why then are 95% of forum posts PC users complaining? If there is so many serious XBox users, why are they not reflected in the forum topics? Am I missing something?

I am not a real pilot, but i have spent quite a bit of cash on a special PC build for this game. Since the update is almost unplayable.

I find that ‘message’ to be one that MS should not ‘get’ as it is clearly a flawed one. I’m very much enjoying MSFS on Xbox and I can confirm that it is by and large a successful experience.

That’s not to say that high-end PCs can’t exceed that bar and I trust that MS will seek to do so.

Flight sims (will this one anyway) existing and succeeding on a console is a reality. :grinning:

There are 221 threads tagged ‘Xbox’ and I’ve seen plenty of Xbox folk turning up in the last few days (myself included). Perhaps Xbox players are avoiding the ‘special’ welcoming threads (cough) like this one? :wink:

4 Likes

Please, don’t let this be a fight between pc and Xbox or users of the 2 platforms.
Anybody here familiar with the meaning of ‘divide et impera’ (divide and rule)?

There are plenty of issues at the moment, and I honestly don’t believe that such an approach will work out for anybody.

That said, I read the statement from that developer - it is hard to miss in the flight simulator community - it only served to strengthen the feeling that those test builds are not representative of what actually gets released, meaning all the testers (community and commercial) are left in the dark until the actual build hits our machines.

I also remember either reading or watching an interview where the head of flight simulator stated that they want to get real traffic with an accurate depiction of planes and liveries in the ‘simulator’, he then stated that this would take time…
…and if the absence of the promised charts - after almost one year and among a lot to fix - is anything to go by we’re in for a rough ride.

1 Like

Delete your usercfg.opt file, start the sim, it will update and you will only get a new usercfg.opt files and try again. This time make a copy of the usercfg.opt file before you tweak it and place it somewhere you can find it. It seems that certain tweeks, will just hang the game once you launch a flight, but fortunately you can just use the above procedure to tweak it till you break it again. LOL

There is already a great F22 supersonic in game. Not sure when it will go on marketplace but it is free and better than any of the payware stuff out there.

1 Like

They are not.

I think the strategy here (besides things not going exactly as planned) is that by making changes they’re actually benefiting the longevity of the product. Making it possible to have a lot of add-ons without sacrificing fps or stability (whilst retaining quality). Asking developers to make their products in such a way that it’s scalable in terms of detail and resources needed is just an example.

1 Like

Anyways there XPlane and Prepar3D at least we have options. MS and Asobe doesn’t care about Pc users they more focus on Xbox. i hope the project doesn’t dies, this isn’t the right directions so far sounds like asobo doesn’t keep them words. they said for best experience play on PC.

1 Like

@Sleevezipper
I’m wondering what is this “Co-pilot” group displaying next to your gamertag?

This may assist you:
Our Co-pilots (Welcome Crew) - Student Pilots / Basic Gameplay Help - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

Hey @CptLucky8 ,

See this:
[Our Co-pilots (Welcome Crew)]

My earlier post is just my observation.

1 Like

Hi @kido007dz,

May i blatently copy your first post and replace the word “xbox” with “xcloud” with a small addition to it?

Addition:
With MSFS running on series X/S, It will at a certain point be able to run on xcloud. This will open up a huge amount of commercial upsell channels.

Microsoft (Gaming devision or whoever, but let’s say MS for ease) is trying to expand to (if i understood Phil Spencer correctly):

• Mobile (IOS/Android),
  • TV,
  • Settop boxes,
  • xbox,
  • pc,
  • Anything with a screen?

Imagine what this can do with licensed hardware, gamepass, marketplace revenues, etc… Household penetration would be massive because you do not need to buy an xbox to play “xbox” games. This is not limited to MSFS, but everything that would run on xcloud.

So, why not, as a (MSFS) developer/publisher and/or whatever supplier, join in?

So, if there would be a conspiracy, or even if it’s true, the xbox platform is probably the “playground” for getting ready for xcloud.

In the end, there would be two platforms to maintain, PC and XCloud/XBox. So, I think this is not for xbox users, it’s for xcloud.

But hey, this is just an uneducated, let’s just throw something in the wild, guess :).

2 Likes

For sure, xcloud is the next frontier, same with Stadia, at Google.
It will take time, several years, before high performance gaming can transition completely to the cloud. But companies like MSFT and GOOG are already planning for it, and they’re very open about it :slight_smile:

Sounds good? Since Osobo put a much lower limit on GPU and CPU memory. I would like to know where you would store the extra scenery by increasing the LOAD?

2 Likes