Asobo ATR 42-600/72-600

MilViz has been working on the ATR from the start as far as I’m aware and this is well known also I believe.

1 Like

If they base their ATR on ATR manuals it won’t be a very good one. The ATR manuals are very bad, an ATR by the books is not an ATR. W’ll have to wait and see. MilViz will be high quality for sure.

2 Likes

Asobo also did the TopRudder while another company was also making a 103. The same with KATL, etc. I think these were planned long in advance and they didn’t have knowledge of perspective competing products before starting their own projects. While KATL was provided for free, the aircraft helps provide some revenue as new sales of MSFS slow. That’s a good thing, especially if they make a quality product.

It’s not just Asobo and 3rd parties that get caught in this competing products trap. There were two spitfires, etc. in development at the same time, both from 3rd party developers. A lot of times, products begin development a long time before being announced and when a competing product is announced you either have to throw out all your hard work or continue on hoping that yours still does well.

1 Like

One thing that will affect my decision on which one is if there’s a cargo variant. I only want the ATR for cargo use (it’s what I use the NextGen EMB-110 for now) and no cargo variant would definitely be a turn off for me.

Cargo variant would be relatively easy to model I would think. Empty the cabin, remove cabin windows, increase size of the forward cargo door, change opening direction of the rear entrance door and move the service door and combine with cargo door :sweat_smile:.

Which version will I buy? Of course, the one that is released first. Can`t wait for that beauty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

That opinion may change, as not too many people were fond of the CRJ in here :frowning:

What’s the CRJ have to do with it. It’s neither from Asobo nor Milviz but from Aerosoft

Hans built it.

1 Like

he also built the Asobo Porter.

any updates on the ATR?

2 Likes

They just gave us an extensive update on the last Dev Q&A…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Topic reopened.

Any news on this? We’re past mid 2022 and now getting close to the 4th quarter. I’m really looking forward to an ATR but haven’t seen anything new on this since July.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s coming this year…
Did they ever say it was?

I thought on the original fsnew.eu article they stated mid 2022, though I can’t find that article anymore. I did find https://msfsaddons.com/2021/04/13/atr-42-600-72-600-coming-to-msfs-a-new-ultralight-and-world-update-v-to-focus-on-the-nordic-countries/ which said the team was aiming for a 2022 release.

Just curious. I haven’t heard anything more on this plane since that May 22 Dev Q&A.

1 Like

Same - just come back wondering about this. One of the SU11 anniversary aircraft in November? Would make sense, but unusual we haven’t heard anything…

1 Like

Yep would love to see this aircraft in the sim if it is done properly.

1 Like