Asobo Baron G58 mod

This mod takes the Baron to a new level. The aircraft is now a pleasure to fly. If you haven’t already give it a go, you will be pleasantly surprised.

2 Likes

The stock Baron seems to have ridiculous performance (like, I can practically do a straight vertical climb like a jet). Does this fix that?

Also, for some reason the simconnect events and such on the stock Baron were very very different from the other planes in the sim, and seemed to not work at all with my existing twin prop spad.next bindings. Does this fix any of those?

install and see, think you will be happy

Can you please just give a straight answer as to whether it fixes these things? Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi,
I think that @oldpilot54 gave a very straight answer already.
Install it and try it out yourself. If you like it then great. If you don’t then just delete it again. It is free after all. What is so difficult about this?

4 Likes

I’m with you on this. All they needed to say was “yes” or “no”. Instead they did everything to avoid the answer!

3 Likes
  • Yes.

• I don’t think so, but you can read a description of what it does and what it doesn’t on Flightsim.to.

1 Like

How could he possibly answer your question? It’s HIGHLY likely he’s never flown the real plane nor does he have any idea what’s important to you. He already stated his opinion that it fixes everything that’s important to him. His answer was spot on.

1 Like

I tried it. All I noticed is that at max throttle if goes well over 200 kph. Can’t really tell much other difference. Uninstalled it.

Oh, and saying “try it for yourself” was not an answer to his question.

2 Likes

Am I required to go into a detailed dissertation of changes made because some person can’t be bothered to take a look at the mod.
So, you have tried it for yourself and found you don’t like it and have deleted it, therefore my comment of “try it for yourself” is a valid answer to the question.

An addition to this. You stated that the aircraft goes well over 200kph. In fact it has a cruise speed of 196 knots(362./99 kph) true airspeed at 11500 feet at 2500 rpm and thats from the POH. This aircraft is a very good performer.

2 Likes

One of two possible words is all it took.

1 Like

Not sure why you are acting like this. People’s time is valuable and you are asking them to use some of it to try something you built. I realize what you built is “free” but it is only free in a monetary sense. Generally people like to know ■■■ it is they are trying and your description and responses here have been unhelpful for that.

So now the entire thread here that could have been celebrating the launch of your addon is instead focused on your lack of willingness to engage with your users in a constructive manner. Doesn’t exactly bode well for your continued success as an addon developer.

1 Like

this forum is vexing. You almost don’t want to bring any new information here because its like wearing a meat suit to the crocodile pen.
carry on though, as the entertainment value is off the charts

Thanks , just some people rile me up. Glad you are entertained.

1 Like

That makes two of us.

1 Like

it’s worthwhile to make the effort to inform but sometimes you just have to step back when the reactions get squirrely or flat out incredible

Yeah guess you are right. Just got a bit fired up, shouldn’t have.
Anyway, hope the guy tries the mod.
To9 show my good faith to the guy, I will happily delete the post.

1 Like