Asobo Cabri G2 Helicopter

This helicopter model so far is impressive, well done MSFS and Asobo. I speak as a real-world Cabri G2 pilot who uses the sim to practice flights before doing them for real at airfields. But it is clear that one fundamental feature of the Cabri G2 is missing - ground effect, there isn’t any in the sim as far as I can see.
Am I missing something? Do I need to change something in Options to invoke GE? Or is GE something that doesn’t exist in the modelling?

1 Like

Possibly make sure there are no helicopter assists active in the options?

There are no assists in force.

I’m not sure it models VRS either :wink:

Which helicopters accurately model ground effect, vortex ring state, and retreating blade stall accurately in the sim?

I’m asking because I just got a cyclic/collective set, and I plan to start with the Cabri G2, then eventually graduate to other models.

But what about my question?

If you have all assists turned off then what you see is what you get I’m afraid. I have no idea if any other models have different effects modelled, sorry.

Flysimware 206B is simulating VRS & blade stalls.

Flyinside was meant :face_with_hand_over_mouth: sry

3 Likes

That one has been on my list for a while. @Baracus250 is a huge fan.
I’m just now getting my cyclic/collective set up. Soon I’ll start flying the Cabri G2. It’ll probably be a while before I fly the 206. :wink:

1 Like

Can you post a link please - I can’t find the 206B on their site?

1 Like

That’s because it’s FlyInside 206B not flysimware :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

:rofl: thanks, thats what i meant :grinning:

2 Likes

Anyone know how much harder it is to control the FlyInside B-206 compared to the Guimbal Cabri G2? (All assists off) :slight_smile:

The 206 isn’t exactly “harder” to fly…It’s a teetering rotor as opposed to the fully articulated system on the Cabri. So it reacts to control inputs a little slower. You just need to be a bit more ahead of the aircraft.

Now for my broken record statement…
I personally prefer the Cowansim 206B3 over the FlyInside model. It behaves closer to my real world experience. The FlyInside B206 and B47 have a control lag that leaves me with too many WTF moments. I also don’t like the ground contact behavior.

Since SU15, the Cabri G2 has the best ground contact/skid behavior of any heli in the sim. Pick-ups & set downs feel much more realistic and natural now.

3 Likes

In the end i went for the CowanSim MD500, seems pretty good :slight_smile: