Asobo, please give some love to Xbox simmers and fix the 787

Asobo/MS, it would be really great if you could hear me out on this. First of all, I love the sim on my Xbox Series X. Ever since its release, I’ve practically become addicted to it. I’m having a blast with the A320, flying around Europe with those amazing clouds and graphics, with great performance. I love the A320, having logged thousands on the FSLabs A320, I must say it is really good for a default plane. It does what I want it, and behaves just like I expect it to. So I love it.

However, that unfortunately isn’t the case for the 787, the ultimate reason why I got the premium deluxe in the first place. I really don’t want to say this because I respect how much work and passion Asobo puts into the sim, but the 787 is just god awful. Well do I start?

• Well, It is not flyable, in the same way how the A320 is flyable. It’s just all round broken.
  • Then the FMC/CDU never does what you want it to. It is not realistic to its real life version. How hard can it be to make it more realistic? Replacing waypoints in the LEGS page doesn’t even do anything.
  • VNAV is sometimes INOP, pushing the ALT knob on the MCP does nothing. It just takes ages for the plane to react. And when activating V/S on take-off, the plane will swing like a pendulum up and down on AP engagement.
  • The flaps configuration setting is completely incorrect. The 787 does not have “16 or 17” flap numbers. Bit disappointing for a premium deluxe plane.
  • The performance is really poor for a default plane, there’s constant stuttering and freezing.
  • Too many INOP buttons to properly fly the plane.

That’s all on my list at the moment. Sorry Asobo, I love this sim, but I had to get it out. I don’t why understand why the 787 is still so bugged. Instead of focusing on fixing the 787 and a couple of other broken planes, Asobo instead focuses on releasing the Husky for a quick profit. On Xbox, we don’t have mods. We only have the default plane. Which means, we’re stuck with it. There’s no heavy division mod. So please Asobo, at least make the 787 as good as a payware add-on, especially since it is a premium deluxe plane.

Thanks .

I think the “good news” here is that a lot of this is common to the PC version of the 787 as well - fix one, fix both!

VNAV is really tricky if/when it works on this plane (and others), there are several threads running about that here, and the MCP is… “interesting” sometimes. I get that. I’d love to see that all improved.

I agree that the performance leaves a lot to be desired, improved, yes, with Sim Update 5, but has a ways to go. As for the INOPs, I’m able to fly it (other problems notwithstanding), but I do agree, it would be nice if the stock planes implemented more functionality.

As for flaps, are you really seeing 16 and 17? On the PC game there is 17 and 18, which does match the 787-9 and -10 (I think those flap settings were added for those models, the -8 does not have them). Have attached a shot of the PC version for comparison. Rather than attach someone else’s images, if you Google “787-10 flap levers”, hit the Images tab, you’ll see that MSFS does seem to have the correct settings for that variation.

Sorry, this is not a bug report. One bug per post, please be specific (“Well, It is not flyable, in the same way how the A320 is flyable” is not specific), and please do not delete the bug template.

Please see the rules here: