Asobo...When are you going to fix KDEN?

Asobo,

The title says it all. The elevation issue has existed since SU10 and nothing has been done about it. Those of us who purchased the Premium Deluxe version of MSFS2020 shouldn’t have to purchase pay ware to fix this issue. Feel free to credit my account $20 and I’ll fix the issue by going to Flightbeam. Otherwise please consider fixing the airport as part of SU13. 2 weeks is plenty of time to resolve elevation issues such as this.

Thanks and have a nice day.

EDIT/UPDATE:

I have managed to find a simple solution to this issue, which has resolved the massive elevations issues at KDEN.

1. Go to the content manager
  2. Search KDEN
  3. Delete the airport and scenery data
  4. Leave the Game
  5. Restart MSFS
  6. Go back to the content manager
  7. Re-download and install the KDEN scenery content
  8. Start the sim and check if the elevation issues are resolved.

No promises here, but it worked for me. I am running the steam version of MSFS.

5 Likes

In 2024 it will be done. It’s too close to the end of the year . Why would they waste time on the old. If they haven’t fixed it by now…:disappointed_relieved:

Dallas & O’Hare also.

it would be a real treat to be paid to go buy someone elses product. Not enough Hard Drive space in the world for that…

Clearly another example that Asobo has bitten of more than they can chew. They can’t keep the sim working to a good quality status…so much for the realism.

They think they can quell the masses by keeping releasing new stuff without fixing the old. I’d quite happily do without the new stuff for a while as I’ve still got a lot of the existing to explore if this gives the devs more time to work on bug fixing. Now if this was subscription model, well the answer would be very different.

As the original post said, problem existed (and with others) for more than a year (approx Sept '22) so why hasn’t it been fixed?

Just about to explore Japan for example from World Update 1 (released 3 years ago), wonder how many bugs I’ll find when I try and do that and will ruin the trip?

@ACA2B2 sorry this isn’t relevant specifically to your original issue but not a lot more the community can say…Asobo has got to fix it. Couldn’t agree with you more, if you paid for the upgrade to Premium the premium content should work…no further discussion needed.

FS2024 should not be allowed to be their answer to fix everything. Much of the issues need to be fixed in the version we have already paid for. Sometimes it feels like Asobo sold us a 3-wheeled car (FS2020) as if it’s a 4 wheeler and now is asking us to pay again (FS2024) to get the car we actually thought we were buying.

I’m with you on this one. They better not charge PD users again for the same access in the 2024 version. I have had nothing but disappointment with this platform so far. Never have I had the urge to throw a mouse across the room until I started fighting against the absolute mess MSFS2020 has been so far.
And their support needs to be renamed to “we’re just gonna tell you to uninstall everything every time” as that’s all the support I’ve ever received from their Zendesk. (That and being called argumentative when I pushed the fact that they didn’t read a word I typed).
This forum channel is useless too. Jorg what’s his name said in a livestream that they read all the forums. Nope. Lies. They 100% do not read them, and I know this as support staff have said to me that an issue I was reporting to them is only affecting me. So I sent them a link to a forum for the same subject that has been upvoted over 350 times and told them not to bother feeding me garbage again.

1 Like