ATC bugs still need addressed on consoles

ISSUE DESCRIPTION

Description of the issue:

Please refer to the postings of this thread that I attached as a link after these paragraphs, which explain in high detail from many players of the common issues with ATC.

I also experience the bugs and issues, including:

Failing to give instructions to descend from cruising altitude in adequate & realistic time frame to land properly. (This appears to occur on flight plans that are VFR and or NO arrival procedures setup or available. No matter how many times you change things in the flight plan and “send to ATC” they’ll basically disregard it all and screw your approach and landing.

I commonly also experience my pilot and ATC speaking over each other. My pilot will still be trying to say whatever he’s saying and the ATC will chime his reply in at the same time as my pilot. :thinking:

Either is truly realistic or not but I’m told to contact a lot of the same named “Centers” back to back on different frequencies, when I believe it shall be just ONE center communication as I pass to the next one? ATC is hanging me off way to many times back to back during most flights.

Overall, the in-game ATC needs major work and it sounds like this has been needed for a very long time. We on consoles do not have the luxury to use aftermarket ATCs.

FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

How often does this occur for you: Commonly on flights that are VFR, or specifically flight plans that DO NOT have approach procedures setup.

REPRODUCTION STEPS:

ATC fails to give instructions in adequate time before landing on flight plans with no “arrival” procedures activated, or VFR. You’ll basically fly right over the airport at cruise level. There is no realistic instructions to descend on time for these flight plans.

YOUR SETTINGS

PS5 base console

If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the User Support Hub.

What peripherals are you using: PS5

[PC Only] Are you using Developer Mode or have you made any changes to it?

[PC Only] What GPU (Graphics Card) do you use?

[PC Only] What other relevant PC specs can you share?

MEDIA

Please add a screenshot or video of the issue occurring.

Closed.

Also see: