ATC buzzing sound not before sim update 6

What with buzzing sound of ATC in this game . Its killing my ears now!! ATC was already a mess now this sound is unbreable to hear. I had turn off completely now in sound option . will be using Vatsim or other Online ATC.

Is it just me or everyone else is experiencing this ATC buzzing sound issue?

1 Like

I don’t know about buzzing but ATC definitely sound different than it did before. You own voice on the radio is fine, but ATC sounds like on the bass has been rolled off, and the treble turned all the way up so they sound kind of scratchy. It’s distinctly different from the way simulated degraded signal strength works though. It doesn’t sound good at all.

1 Like

I noticed this yesterday too. Some of the SIM ATC transmissions have what sounds like VHF degradation. It didn’t bother me at all tbh and certainly nothing like the severe distortion you occasionally get on vatsim - that can really make you pull your headset off in a hurry.

You can switch degradation off in settings, can‘t you?

You can but I’m not sure this phenomena causes this. It sounds the same when contacting Ground.

Changing the VHF Degradation setting in the Sound menu makes no discernable difference to me.

I’m fine with the scratchy, maybe more true-to-life sounds, but let me turn it off. That, I think, is the bug here.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.