ATC fallback option

Can we have a “fallback” setting for ATC text to speech voices?

I prefer the azure atc, but it quite often stops working or goes offline. When this happens, atc voices just stop altogether.

Can’t it be made to fall back to windows offline text to speech when azure is not available? Instead of having to choose to have the less realistic windows version all the time, or choose azure and never know when it’s going to stop working?

At the very least lets have what we had with FSX as a backup, I am beginning to miss the good ole days! It is even more worrying when atc stops talking suddenly and you are on approach, and lets not go in to getting instructed to climb to 11000 feet when you are on finals! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

And if those were the “only” problems of the MSFS ATC…

Interesting, I did not realise this.

Just to make sure im doing it right, is it enough to just have the US pack installed? Or must i select it somewhere in settings too?

Thanks for the reply, hopefully i already got my wishlist granted then haha.

Haha. True I suppose.

I had a good one the other day. They instructed me to taxi and hold short of runway, which I did. They then said clear, so I moved onto the runway ready for takeoff… then they told me to hold because of an aircraft on the runway…a cessna 152… which is what I was flying… it was me on the runway…I held for a few minutes and then realised that they weren’t going to tell me to take off again so I went against all safety regulation and took off anyway. I was the only plane there, and they then spent a few minutes yelling at me that I was not clear to depart… because I was on the runway… while I was in the air already taken off. Very strange bug.

In general, I know that the ATC in the sim is not the best, and nothing even close to real life… but for someone like me, who is not a pilot in real life, but still learning how to fly in the sim, learning about navigation, flight planning, etc… it’s still fun to have some sort of interaction with them.

I guess when I get to grips more with flight planning, have better control of my flight skills, and better understanding of airport patterns send stuff like that… then I could move to vatsim or something to give a more realistic ATC experience. But for now, it does the job… except when it doesn’t do the job because azure is offline haha

1 Like

Just make sure you also open your English US Language pack, and check to see everything is installed in that pack including speech, Basic Typing, and Handwriting. Sometimes installing just the language pack isn’t enough. You might need to install every other components in that language as well.

1 Like