ATC freezing

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No
Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?
No

Brief description of the issue:

In game ATC works for a while then ATC panel greys out and ATC stops working. restarting online services has no effect

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

n/a

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

not relevant

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

latest version

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

This happens to me on just about every flight. ATC starts normally and then is grayed out. Sometimes if I change the ATC frequency in the aircraft radio box the ATC screen window will tell me to contact the appropriate agency and I can start again. The other day I lost ATC and discovered that the automatic selection of the correct frequency in the ATC window was not changing the frequency in the aircraft radio box. I then had to manually apply every subsequent frequency change, and this worked until I was on final and then the tower audio stopped working as well. The ATC system has become far worse since Sim update 10, which coincided with my adoption of a non Microsoft AI traffic system, initially AIG, but now FSLTL. I wonder if the system is becoming overloaded with calls from an increasing number of AI aircraft. In addition it now seems that there are longer pauses between selecting a response in the ATC window and the audio system reading the reply. If the system could be dissuaded from making unnecessary traffic information calls on aircraft that are vertically separated, or passing well clear, then it might be able to provide a reliable system.

1 Like

Boeing 787X KDEN to KSAN, the ATC freezes up. It happened to me 3 times. once yesterday as I was pushing back, and twice today. Once before I even pushed back ,and again as I was about to take off. I had to abort the flight each time.

I an running FSLTL with this as well.

During the last two flights, ATC has gone gray in the ATC dialog. In both cases, I was cleared for an approach prior to the ATC failure. I use FSLTL, but it was very early in the morning where I was flying, so very little other communications going on. I was flying the BlackSquare Analog King Air with PMS50 GTN750 selected. I’ve been using this aircraft with this GPS for the past few months, but this just started happening within the past week. Also, I was receiving ATIS on COM2 about the same time the failure occurred.

Hey there, my ATC is freezing sometimes. Is the MSFS Team working on it? Because I have this issue sine a few months. Do you have the same issue? If not, what do I have to do?

Yes I got the same issues.
The problem exists since world update 4 I think…
Unfortunatelly so far, Asobo seems not really to care even though this bug is really annoying.

I got the same issues since WU4.

I hope Asobo solves this issues ASAP.

Are you all on Offline or Online ATC voices?

Not sure what you mean, where is that setting?
I have pretty much everything on “online” in the “data” section of the settings… But where is this specific setting? Do you have a screenshot?
Do you mean the text to speech on Azure or offline?
I’m on Azure.

Right - does the freezing also occur if you’re on Offline ATC Text-to-Speech (which pulls from your local language pak file)?

I tried with text to speech OFFLINE (instead of Azure).
The same problem. No difference.
I did not have a freeze of the ATC in my test, but often the ATC voice was just silent and only “my” (pilot) voice was there.
Same problem happens in Azure as well.
Often suddenly no sound of the ATC voice, sometimes complete ATC freeze, often a mix of English and German words spoken.
All these problems startet with World Update 4. Super annoying.
(I’m on Windows 10 in German, Language of FlightSim also in German “DE-DE”)
Like I said: It worked until World Update 4… since then, ATC is a total mess.

Check the references to the Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 setting in this thread. While it’s not specific to your problem, it might be with a mix of words suddenly being spoken.

Not sure what you mean.
So you want me to turn ON the Unicode UTF-8 Beta?
Or turning it off?
Because at the moment, it is off…
(a screenshot would help)

Since this problem startet with world update 4, I think Asobo just messed up the ATC and should fix it.

Yes, the intention was to check and see if it was ON for you, and switch it OFF if it was. This was a relatively new discovery among the board institutional knowledge, so it was worth a quick peek to see.

Thank you. Well no, it was already off.
I can’t understand why Asobo is not more interested in fixing the ATC. These problems get reported by many users since months now.

I´ve Problems with ATC sometimes too, mostly when Close to departure. For Example, I´m just 10 or 30 miles before Landing, flying at 15000 ft, and suddenly, there is still no Communication with ATC (sinking at 5000 or 2500 ft) and my Plane is missing the Runway, so i´ve to turn arround and landing manually. But this is not recorded to my Pilot Profil (Started, but not landed), i try to recieve new Orders, but Radio makes just a short noising (sounds like a scratch), and no answer… and Radio MHZ setting are still ok…

I am having this problem continuously, has anyone found a workaround? or should I just let AI handle everything?

I am having this problem continuously, has anyone found a workaround? or should I just let AI handle everything?

Has anyone found a fix or workaround to this yet, started to happen on every flight since installing WU15, game just not playable now…also using AIG Traffic but the issue is since WU15, AIG hasn’t done an update for a while and was working fine since then.

I was using FSLTL traffic injector, and I had to disable that to get around the issue.