Atc giving wrong vectors

So is anyone else facing this problem? Whenever I am asking ATC for vectors to the next waypoint, it’s not giving me correct directions. For ex, I was on a radial inbound (VOR) 014 on a heading 194 directly to my next waypoint, ATC is telling me fly heading 105, it doesnt make sense. It keeps happening.

Yeapp, I usually just ignore my ATC and look at my nav display for position.

1 Like

tried doing IFR especially, ATC giving me vectors 20 degree off the inbound for the ILS as well as FL15 7nm before the ILS i’m supposed to catch at 2500ft.

1 Like

glad to know i am not the only one

These are known bugs.

I switched to Pilot2ATC. This is a fabulous ATC platform.

It also supports route planning with auto SID/STAR and hold routing.

The ILS offset issue, is more serious bug but according to the development, it’s being looked into.

1 Like

ILS offset is easily rectified by installing Navigraph navdata update.

I have the Navigraph subscription and had offset issues that began with one of the Sim updates. And, I always run the current cycle on the sim, P2A and LNM.

This issue does not present itself at all airports but the Dev Team did have it on the squawk list to investigate.

did you uninstall and reinstall the navigraph navdata update after the sim update? Usually for me, whenever there’s a sim or world update, I always remove the navigraph navdata update first. Then update the sim, then once that’s one, I reinstall the navdata update again.

Which offset issue are you experiencing, maybe I could fly there in my next flight.

Check this thread out. There are several more, but this is one I remembered.

Not sure of the logic of uninstalling/reinstalling Navigraph etc. For the most part, it’s just database files where the apps just do lookups.

I began noticing the offset after one of the updates as I was airport hopping across the country. I was in APR mode, came out of the clouds in solid IMC and was way off to the left even thought the needles said I was dead nuts. Had to take the miss and manually correct as I recall. Can’t remember which airport. I’ve was at many on that 3 month trip.

The problem is the ordering on which navaids to load. It could have 3 layers of precedence which ideally would be in this order of preference:

Airport Navdata → Navigraph Navdata → Default Navblue Navdata.

If the Default Navblue data is offset, and the Navigraph Navdata is corrected. We have to make sure that the Navigraph Navdata loads “After” the Default Navblue Navdata. If it’s the other way around, that while we have the navigraph installed, if the default navblue navdata loads after the navigraph, then the ILS that was suppose to be corrected by Navigraph, gets overridden again by the default navdata which is offset.

My logic of uninstalling and reinstalling navigraph is that if you install navigraph first, then the sim update afterwards, technically, the default navdata is updated later/on top of the navigraph update which is earlier. By uninstalling the reinstalling the navigraph, the logic would be that removing it first will clear the navdata update from the mod list to be loaded. And reinstalling it, will bring the navigraph navdata to be on the latest mod to be loaded after the default navdata.

That certainly makes sense but I update the sim with Navigraph too, using the Navigraph Navdata Center so that all apps are in sync. This is why some felt it was a core sim issue.

MODERATOR EDIT:
This post was merged into the topic

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no
Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes
Brief description of the issue:

ATC vectors are off by TWICE the Magvar, suggesting that the magvar correction is being done in the wrong direction.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

• Select clear skies, NO wind (no wind complications)
  • Fly direct to a waypoint ( track magenta line)
  • Note your current Magnetic heading
  • Ask ATC for vectors.
  • ATC will give a vector that is off by Twice the current Magvar
    PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

ALL