ATC has vanished

ATC has just vanished.

Any clues would be appreciated.

Thank you.

JD

I think we’ll need a bit more clarification on this.

Departing a controlled airport, you have no options to contact Ground or Tower?

Departing an uncontrolled airport, you have no options to contact Approach or Departure?

Other?

It’s not really clear what actually happened

Sorry for not being clear.

It does not even show on the top bar - please see attached.

And of course, I can’t listen/interact.

Thanks again.

JD

Click the gear on the top right and turn it back on.

What do you think I have been trying to do for the past hour or so?

It doesn’t work reason why I posted.

Thanks.

JD

If clicking the gear on the top does not help (it did not help me in my case when I lost ATC) repair your screen resolution - go back to your native settings on 100% resolution.

I think @DINOBAT275704’s ATC button is greyed out, I can see it in the screenshot. Sorry I’ve never seen this before. Restart the sim, restart your system?

It is greyed out correct.

This is also new for me (this sim is really a nightmare).

I have restarted pc and sim, nothing seems to work…

Thanks.

JD

Well, in my case going back to native screen resolution helped. I also quitted from Xbox account from the game and signed back. And ATC restored. But I hope that just restoring screen resolution helps.

Thanks.

What do you mean by native resolution/ where to update?

Thanks.

JD

Under Graphic settings. You need to check if your monitor resolution is selected or not + is there any scaling to this resolution. You need 100%. If you see that there is your native resolution - change it and restore it again. And check your ATC window.

Thank you.

I do not think this worked, but thanks.

JD

This was suggested by one of the moderators here for an identical issue, it may help.
Try this:
Options / Assistance: Turn ALL ASSISTS on. See if ATC works. Make a flight, after that you can turn off assists that you don’t need. Make sure you save & apply.

Sometimes the toggle switches doesn’t register. May have to do an ON-OFF-ON or OFF-ON-OFF.

Thanks. How exactly do you do this?

Many thanks.

JD

In Assistance/User Experience try turning off and back on ATC voices. I turned them off to try if it Grayed it out and it didn’t, but something else to try. You can also try toggling ATC UI PANEL OPEN AT START and see it that helps.

Check your Sounds and Data setting, make sure they’re on.

No trouble!
With the sim running, if you are on the start up screen, from the top heading, select “Options”, or if you are already in the sim, press “ESC” on the keyboard.

• Under “Assists” - “Piloting” - all of the settings in there.