ATC is Using New Azure Voices for Everything. Hopefully a Sign of Background Fixes!

I just setup and took off for a flight and all the Azure voices are new voice styles, from ATIS to ATC incoming and outgoing communications.

Hopefully a sign of progress in the fixing of lost voices!

6 Likes

As you named Wanda, can you please name all the new ATC voicesšŸ˜€

3 Likes

Donā€™t hear anything different so far, so I wonder if itā€™s a test just for some? Iā€™m on AAU2.

I get ATIS, Clearance and Ground all the same female Azure voice, with the replies coming back from the AI flights all using the exact same as the controllerā€™s voice.

1 Like

Interesting.

Iā€™m hearing a myriad of voices I donā€™t normally hear.

ATIS at my home airfield has always had the exact same female Azure voice until today.

ā€œMyā€ voice is different, my co-pilotā€™s voice is different.

ATC is using different male and female voices.

The only downside Iā€™m seeing is the same male or female voice is being used for all communications on a given ATC channel. For example, if the channel has a female voice, all communications are with that female voice except mine.

Iā€™m in the AAU2 beta, as well.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll try a few more. Iā€™m on WEST USA server. We might be in an A/B test. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also noticed this around a month ago, it also changes the pilot voice when you are using the headphone simulation but this was only a one time occurence. Hope this will be implemented soon

I am also on the West USA server. The only time I hear different voices is the last transmission before I lose ATC voices. Happens on every single flight for more than 6 months now. I honestly am tired of the piercing annoying female voice that is everywhere. Sometimes I am glad I lose the ATC voices because that means I donā€™t have to hear her anymore. Lol. I really hope they are revamping ATC.

1 Like

FYI on ā€œServerā€:

1 Like

Didnā€™t hear any difference these last days. Any other feedback somewhere? Are you sure, itā€™s not the offline voice (child-one) ?

100% positive it was Azure.

1 Like

Way back say 20 months ago I swear I heard some regional accented english while flying around the med. I also heard some british accents too. Not heard them again since. Not the same as those awful offline voices they were I believe azure, no idea what was going on though, but I remember thinking same as you, they must be working on something.

1 Like

Iā€™m on beta xbox, no change to the Azure voices here.

Going back a year plus, every once in a rare while a new voice is heard and then forever goes away.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t noticed any new ATC voices. Public release on XSX.