ATC nagging to exit the runway,

I thought ATC was speed dependent. I’m sure they only transmit when I have slowed down enough. My next landing I will keep my speed up and see if I can get to the end of the runway. :wink:

But still “vacate runway when able” or “turn next taxiway” don’t make any sense. “expedite vacating” would the correct phraseology here.

1 Like

Can these be changed perhaps, in the same way we can change “Daher” to “TBM” in the TTS files?

Accurate phraseology and what’s being said IRL are two different things imo.

I’d welcome a bit of variation in ways the ATC says things, as they do IRL.

Most airports use HIRO (High Intensity Runway Operations) anyway so aircraft are assumed to be ready for departure upon reaching the holding point and vacated as soon as possible so calling this is useless.

I have had the “expedite vacating” call a few times in my career in very rare occasions. I don’t think there is that much difference between correct and used phraseolgy, at least in Europe and definitely in the UK radiotelephony discipline is usually pretty good.

Jup I did change (delete) it here:

Nice! :clap:

I’ll take a look tomorrow.

Daher to TBM 9 is also included :joy: :+1:t2:

1 Like

Land long he said :crazy_face: :grin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j51IAfT3sVU

I’ve always viewed this as the way ATC lets you know they have registered you have landed. The repeated messages just remind you that you are in a critical area and they underline the fact that your priority at this point is not to take a selfie, but to remove yourself ASAP.

I don’t know how true-to-life they are, but I’m OK with them anyway.

1 Like

It’s definitely speed related. I landed at Biggin Hill again, before the 1000 ft marker, and taxi along its length at around 80kts. I didn’t hear ATC chime in until I got to the far end of runway 21, and started to apply brakes after I cross the threshold, and into the displaced runway section. I heard only a single call out that time, and immediately exited to the right.

So high speed taxi is one workaround! :slight_smile:

I didn’t keep an eye on my speed at the point ATC woke up, though.

So now we just need to work out what this magic speed is of which thee speaketh :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Coming in to land shortly, will active pause when they chime in.

Okay, this was the instant I saw the ATC dialogue choices grey out, and they announce I should clear the runway:

So about 40kts. Keep it above that, and ATC don’t ask you to vacate.

1 Like

You would not like Toussaint Louverture International Airport in Port Au Prince, Haiti then🤣

It’s been like this since FS2002, so I’m betting it won’t change any time soon.

In airliners it usually tells you to leave the RWY when you get slower than 40kts. Never told me when I was going more than 40kts.

2 Likes

Interesting. Thanks for checking it :slightly_smiling_face:
Good to know but I think that is a tad fast for the smaller GA aircraft.

1 Like

I was in the rather excellent, and fun to fly Piper PA-44 Seminole for that flight.

Yes, good. I meant moot as opposed to mute, not that your point was moot. Cheers

Excellent. Thanks.

1 Like