ATC says previous callsign, when it has been changed

I have flown a couple of aircraft and one being the Airbus A320 Neo default. I flew this and used a callsign and a random flight number in the customization section. Once I ended that flight, I had cleaned out the previous customization callsign and numbers I had used. Next time using the simulator, I decided to fly a light aircraft and made sure that the callsign and flight number was empty in the box. I then selected a random callsign for the light aircraft and placed it into the tail number box. Strange as it is since update 5, ATC had called out my previous callsign and flight number for which I had emptied out beforehand as it was a previous flight with an airliner
 It seems that it has been kept and stored in the memory of the simulator. It has never happened before.

I have this problem too. When I start a flight ATC uses the correct callsign I selected for this flight. But during flight, ATC starts using a callsign I haven’t used in ages. Something seems to be stuck somewhere.

This has been happening even before SU5.

After SU5, when I type callsign, flight number etc, it disappears from the text boxes just a few seconds later and the text boxes always remain empty. ATC uses whatever I typed and disappeared in the begining of the flight, then switches to some old callsign again.

Started a flight in the 320 and changed my call sign to United 2213. Now any time I start a new flight regardless if I change the call sign to a GA one for example, it saves in the menu but I still hear my callsign as “United” in the sim. Sometimes the menu shows blank yet same issue with the atc in sim using “United” Anyone else have this issue? Does a solution exist?

I have the same Problem! I reinstalled the whole “offical” folder because i thought the ICAO / EU Phraseology Mod messed something up, but still the same issue

1 Like

Same issue, even saw it kept resetting to blank values after I was setting my callsign and flight number. But after 5 tries it finally managed to go through.

1 Like

i have the same issue. voted up!

1 Like

Well right now there is only two votes and 5 posts stating they have the same issue, we should see 5 votes. . . just kindly saying. :grinning:

You need to click into another text field after entering your text or it sometimes doesn’t take. You can tell it has worked when the text you entered is converted to uppercase.

I have been

I also just tried deleting the temporary flight files in Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState but the issue still remains
 Have cleared community folder as well thinking the FBW mod was at fault but still the issue remains. Really starting to wonder where this is actually being stored. On a cloud somewhere?? Also, now even if I put a new flight number in the menu it will still use the initial 1086 flight number. It observes the new call sign though.

1 Like

I’ve come across the same issue, I think it started for me in SU5 though.

Yep another SU 5 feature.

Same here, I had some issues with VR 1graphic (poor performance) and decided to uninstall/reinstall. After clean install I can confirm that the issue is present. In my casbe not only the call sign cannot be changed, if I change the tail number, it correctly displays on the fuselage and in cockpit, however ATC calls the default asobo tail number. In the screenshot the difference is clearly visible.

I have same issue but has any one else also noticed that ‘APPEND HEAVY TO CALLSIGN’ and ‘SHOW TAIL NUMBER’ is selected ON as default in the customization section - never used to be like this and regardless of what I do I get double registrations on the A32NX even when I leave the editable fields blank - it seems to revert to a previous callsign/registration.

Customization seems to be working now after SU5+ the further patches, you do need to deselect heavy unless you are flying a 787 or 747.
ATC is currently a bit buggy so we will just have to grin and bear it for the time being!

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
Running PC version, im unable to to change aircraft registration, its stuck on the last callsign I used which is “southwest 3090” i tried changing call sign/aircraft registration several times in different aircraft and ATC keeps reverting to using “southwest 3090” it all started with SU6

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Im on Microsoft Store Version

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

No addons in community folder (empty)

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Did not use developer mode.

Brief description of the issue:

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: it first started with changing the registration of default 747

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue: service update 6

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version? microsoft store

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #? did not submit

Edit: ive tried uninstaling twice and reinstalling, no avail. I have been able to manipulate the game by typing in “November” in callsign
And the rest of registration in flight number box
.works for now I guess

Hello everyone

I have an odd issue with ATC: A week ago or so I entered a callsign and tailnumber in the customisation options.
But now, I’m stuck with it. I deleted the callsign and tailnumber in the menu, but when I fly, ATC STILL uses that callsign and tailnumber. I can’t get rid of it.
In the menu, there is nothing. Just blank fields
 but ATC did not forget
 :wink:
Clearly a bug, but is there a workaround?
Normally when there is no custom callsign, ATC should use something generic OR better: The callsign of the livery if the livery has one.
That worked fine in the past

Now, I always get the same callsign even after deleting it from the customization menu :confused:
How to get rid of it? Is there some file to delete to “reset” it?
Kind regards, Oliver

Have you tried just writing in a new call sign that you are happy with ?

Well that is possible but should be unnecessary. If you leave the tailnumber, callsign and flightnumber fields empty, ATC SHOULD (and did in the past) use the correct tailnumber / callsign from the livery.
However, now there is two major bugs:

A: callsign / tailnumber / flightnumber are VISUALLY not stored in the menue. As soon as you enter them, then click on something else like “failures” or “weight and balance” and then back to "customisation, the callsign/tailnumber/flightnumber fields are blank again.
HOWEVER, and that is issue B:

B: even though the fields look blank, they are NOT. What you have entered before, got saved (eventhough not visible now (blank fields) but in the flight, you will get thouse values.
And you can NOT get rid of them enymore at all.
You can only overwrite them with something else. But you can’t get ACTUAL blank fields that don’t just look blank but actually are.

This is very annoying and of course obviously a bug. But how to get rid of it?
Since these values get stored somewhere eventhough the are not visible as soon as you click on another menue, they must get written into a file.
Which file is the question? Maybe by deleting that, it would reset this stupid behaviour.

2 Likes

I’m currently letting Notepad++ chew through my OneStore folder looking for my current N721TC registration. It’s going to take a while

Edit: Zero hits in either xml or cfg filetypes. It must be one of those things that’s stored in the cloud.