ATC telling me I'm at the incorrect altitude

Exact thing thats happening to me.I have tried all versions of the A32NX and no luck.
I have uninstalled the Aircarft until they fix all the issues.Its a shame it was really stable until SU5.

Yes, this is really annoying. My work around is that I change the altimeter down .04 or .05 to meet the right altitude from ATC to get rid of it.

The only real workaround at the moment is to NOT use “Live Weather”. ATC works fine without it.

2 Likes

Still happening… it happens every time to me… very annoying. Don’t know why they just sent the correct QNH on the ATC transmission… I have to be guessing it to adjust to the correct altitude that ATC is expecting

1 Like

repeat repeat repeat.

2 Likes

Can’t set barometric after transition. It’s automatically set to Standard.

2 Likes

Turning live weather OFF definitely has helped.Did an IFR flight earlier and ATC seemed fine with my altitudes.I guess it’s an acceptable workaround until its fixed.

1 Like

this bug kind if prevents me from correctly flying on vatsim, since qnh and flight level wouldn’t match.

1 Like

I have the same bug going on. Everything was fine before SU5. Today, I had a cruise altitude set via IFR for FL200 in the King Air 350, but had to fly at FL207 for ATC to stop telling me to “expedite my climb”. During my approach, ATC had told me to “Descend to 9800ft”. When I got to 9800ft, ATC told me I was “300ft below my requested altitude”. So I climbed to FL101, and ATC stopped complaining and continued approach directions.

I fly with live weather, so If that’s where the bug is, then I can also verify it exists. For the record, I do adjust the Bar as requested by ATC when needed. I have had this bug happen on every flight I’ve done since SU5 (and the “emergency maintenence” update after the big update to SU5). Never had a issue before SU5.

3 Likes

I’m getting the same thing while using live weather. I’m at the assigned altitude and ATC keeps tell me to expedite my climb. Never had this issue before the last update.

1 Like

Same here :frowning:

On a flight from EGPH to LPPD, cruising at FL380. ATC constantly nagging me about flying 300ft too high… Also using FBWA320, latest dev version and live weather here…

Same problem here, flying the Diamond DA62. At FL190 ATC keeps telling me “you are 300 ft above your assigned altitude. Descend and maintain FL190.” Barometer set to 29.92 inHg and showing 19,000 ft on the dot

The Dev team HAS to be aware of this. Everyone is talking about it and we’re all having that problem. No, it isn’t an issue when you aren’t using live weather. It works fine otherwise. It all started with the update and the emergency patch. They said that the emergency patch addressed this problem, but clearly this is not the case. I hope the devs fix this soon because I’d rather fly in real weather than to see the entire globe covered in one weather type (trip wise). IMO, this is not cool and doesn’t represent the team well.

5 Likes

Hello everyone,
there is a similar topic you can check out and vote for, which is probably linked to this issue:

This is also happening to me, but this also used to happen last year several updates ago. The last update seems to have gone backwards for PC users

Regards
David

2 Likes

This is related to the Weather Temperature problems that has been ongoing and mentioned on previous posts

If you select a Preset Weather you’ll see the issue will no longer occur: not that i suggest this is a workaround fix, just for you to be aware of where we are with this.

3 Likes

Here is one I captured yesterday. Flying in Longitude at FL420
Funny how ATC will report me as traffic to another pilot at the correct altitude but I am still too low.

Yeap, same here. Is there a bug logged for this?
This is very annoying for the ones flying ifr, combined with onAir or other similar apps.

Thanks, this bug kicked in way past FL180, actually it started at some point, after reaching FL430 on B747-8 (with Salty 0.3.0), switching off the Live Weather immediately sorted the barometer issue, which in my case had been a persistent offset of 300ft reported by ATC.

1 Like