ATC tries to push me to higher altitudes

After Simupdate 7 I once again experience that atc commands me to fly to higher altitudes altough I fly at 8000 feet according to the navplan in the DC6.
Sometimes it commands me to a height of 20 000 feet.
Furthermore atc wants to let my fly at this height altough I approach the destination airport.
Sometimes during flight there are commands from atc that does not make sense with regard to the height.

Yes same for me, did a hop from KCLT to KATL, in A320 today using low altitude IFR plan. 30 minute regional hop. ATC directed me to FL320 (But I stayed at FL180) and kept asking me to expedite until I was only about 20 miles out then, desend to 6,000. Really frustrating.

2 Likes

I had a similar issue on an ugly flight in Alaska. Bad icing and almost no visibility (shouldn’t have flown scenario). Just got the plane thawed out at 200 AGL and was rejected landing clearance. Hailed for IFR to the ATC and it had me climb back to 8,000 right into the icing nightmare for a pattern. ■■■■ near crashed all over again and finally descended to just stick an emergency landing, barely made it, almost out of fuel.

The ATC feature is neat, but it needs some work.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me yesterday, on approach into St. Croix. I was at my assigned altitude of 2000ft, when I was told to ascend to 29000. I ignored it, and then received instructions to “ascend to 2000ft”. Crazy!

1 Like

@FanaticBat56415 was your altimeter set correctly? That may be why it asked you to “climb to 2,000”. That’s usually when I experience that particular command, when my altimeter is off.

To the best of my recollection, it was set correctly.