ATC voice lost in flight

This comms thing is really frustrating, I tried a couple of thing and eventually the ATC will come back as the suggested workaround that works for most pilots here, I add a few other steps.

• Tune a different frequency on the active radio, something like 121.50
  • Switch comms to COMM2 or another non used radio, make sure the audio from that radio is on and has volume
  • Manually tune the frequency I’m supposed to be with and activate it
    *Ask a generic question to ATC, like vector to the next waypoint or flight following

It will eventually bring back the ATC, if not…

*Squawk 7600
*PAN-PAN PAN-PAN PAN-PAN and divert to the closest airport

If you are referring to the aircraft radios,
I believe the poster was referring to the Comm2 tab on the ATC menu.

I have the problem that Azure goes offline since 2 days. Offline ATC is so annoying
Do you also have a fix for this?

Check the General Options - Sound settings.
Ensure the ATC Text-to Speech setting still reads Azure.
It has been noted to mysteriously change on its own!

1 Like

Same here on every flight. Started with the latest simupdate… But at the same time I started to use the DA62 Mod and updated the nxi. So one of the 3 broke my ATC…

Did you check your setting as mentioned in the above post?

Yup, everything looks like it should.

If you are on a PC, did you try emptying your community folder and trying?

Not yet, but I’ll fly without the mods tonight - maybe I can narrow down the problem a bit. I mean that my last flight with the standard C172 and NXi had no problems, but the last ones with the DA62 mod had. Could be due to the mod. I’ll have to do some tests to be sure.
However, as I read here, others still have that too. It would be a coincidence if they all flew the exact mod. But not impossible. I can see that the problem will take time… :slight_smile:

It might not be the same mod affecting everyone, it may be the DA62 is sensitive to some specific coding common to other mods in general.

Azure Voice started dropping out for me on and switching to offline voices almost every flight as of SU5. I’d get the occasional full flight with full normal ATC voices, but it was by far the exception rather than the norm.

As of SU7 in December, Azure Voice was dropping far less frequently. A much higher percentage of my flights went off without a hitch, but when Azure did drop, there’s a good chance the whole ATC would be taken out as is described in this thread.

Since the patch in January, I started losing ATC completely like this on just about every flight.

1 Like

Did you try switching to Com2 in the ATC menu when that happens?

I’ll definitely check this out! I ignore ATC half the time especially when it comes to altitude changes, but still bugs me that it’s a one-sided conversation.

“No ATC. I will not expedite my climb to 11,000 feet. I can see the runway from here!”

I haven’t. Once it started breaking on me every flight, I got P2ATC and haven’t looked back. While it has its quirks, it’s not quite as “speshul” as the default ATC.

Yeah, I’m not missing this at all. My other fave was holding me at flight levels until I’m 10 miles out of my airport then telling me to expedite me descent to 2000 ft.

1 Like

There are several different bug reports on this depending upon what you’re encountering. Rather than keep this open and duplicates what’s already been covered in those areas, please review the ones below and consider participating in the one that’s closest to your experience. Or all of them as you see fit.