Azure services always dropping connection

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
#pc
Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam
Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
No matter when I fly Azure Online voice service fails and the ping time of the east coast server goes up.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Just fly.
PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
WU5
Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam
Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

Bug logged as of this morning. Let’s hope they can fix it quick.

I am now 30 minutes into a flight and Azure is holding. Don’t know if they fixed it on their end or just lucky lol.

I did a flight a few minutes ago. Roughly 1.5 hours, Azure dropped several times. It seems to work, then drop, work then drop.

Yeah I spoke too soon. Azure dropped here too. :frowning:

The offline voices are kinda annoying too lol

1 Like

This “Warning azure is offline.” bug happens at some point during EVERY flight. It’s awful.

4 Likes

This is a big problem as far as I’m concerned. It breaks immersion and is being ignored by the devs it seems. Someone needs to light a fire under their ■■■■■.

2 Likes

BUG is still there Asobo. Fix it for god’s sake!!!

3 Likes

I had this last night on xbox, get the warning pop up on screen that AZURE service is down, and then get the robotic voice from ATC.

ATC died completely last night for me. First I had the 10yr old. And after that I did not receive any ATC messages at all, but were able to respond to “nothing” with Azure generated audio. Without hearing any ATC commands at all, I was forced to end the IFR flight. Will give it another try later today.

Still getting this bug. Any of the devs or the forum mod care to comment on this? Anybody? Bueller? Seriously this needs TO BE FIXED!!!

This has been getting worse as time goes on. Yesterday, I rebooted and restarted FS 3 times in a row to no avail. ATC does not work. I could not complete one flight with ATC. Normally, right after I get clearance…radio silence. All settings have been checked. Sometimes I go in and FS has changed my settings. A couple times, AZURE was not even an available option just “OFF” and “OFFLINE”. It’s pretty bad when this product can’t even meets its basic advertised functionality.

I love that they announced Azure as having connection issues. Funny, they’re only just discovering this now? I have great internet, and my Azure voices disconnect at some point in about half my flights since day one.

There is a fundamental problem with how MSFS behaves when there is a connection issue.

The entire error capture and messaging to the user seems to assume that the Microsoft / Azure / 3rd party servers are 100% reliable, and if / when there is some kind of connection issue, it must be either the user’s own internet connection, or user error, configuration, etc.

There are 2 main problems with this:

1. I don’t believe there is sufficient error capture and reporting by the software TO MS / Azure / Asobo when a particular server can’t be reached and causes a negative user experience … if they don’t see it happening with their own data, they certainly won’t pay much attention to subjective individual user posts here
  2. WHEN there is a problem caused by a server being unreachable, there is not enough nuanced testing / messaging to the user. It just has 1 or 2 generic “your bandwidth is too low” messages, when it should properly say, “sorry one of our servers is unreachable, and this issue has automatically been reported, MSFS will reconnect automatically when it can, in the meantime you can keep flying offline.”

MODERATOR EDIT:
Removed link to vote on a specific wishlist per Code of Conduct.

I apologize, I did not know that I couldn’t link to a wishlist item. Although I don’t understand why that is a rule, I will refrain from doing so in the future. Thanks.