ATR 42/72- TOD appearing at the beginning of the approach procedure!

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

NO

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

NO

Brief description of the issue:

This happened in both variants, both with the 42 and the 72. I don’t know exactly the trigger for this ‘bug’, but the TOD ends up at the beginning of the approach procedure, making it impossible to have a controlled descent to the airport, forcing to use VS or IAS to descend. This started in version 1.0.8 (Patch). This problem was not happening. I hope it’s not just for me.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ATR 72

ATR 42

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

ATR 1.0.8, seems to happen when using DTO (without proof) or on random flights.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

having same issue on all flights. TOD appears at approach.

I think I have the solution to this “problem” (which I believe is not a problem but the correct way and was fixed with the Patch)! The issue can be resolved by confirming or reconfirming the cruise altitude on the PERF INIT page in the FMC. I believe that in the first version of the ATR, it did not work properly and always adjusted the cruise according to the altitude selector on the autopilot. It seems that with this new version this no longer happens. It is RECOMMENDED to always check the cruise altitude on the PERF INIT page, both at the beginning of the flight and at cruise or if you notice something wrong with TOD.

3 Likes

Yes

Hi,

This seems to work with ILS approach, have you tried with an RNAV approach?

After the update, RNP approach is not working properly
 ToD is near the approach fix and the V-FP mode is not activated.

Any idea ?

Hi, @JDL747400! For me, the V-FP works randomly, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. I saw a video of a pilot demonstrating an approach using the V-FP and he presses the APP button when the ATR starts to intercept the final approach fix (FAF) and on the PFD indicators it appears “V-FP selected” in blue. I only saw this happen once and it never happened again, always the V-FP working randomly. By the way, when using the V-FP, it arrives either too high or too low, very bad. I don’t know how the V-FP is currently working, but it seems quite faulty for reliable operation.

Thanks @ricardoPilot537, I’m experiencing the same issue since the update.

RNAV is working randomly and I think this has to do with the displacement of ToD.

Magnar said in his video that the V-FP activates 2 nm before FAF.

Do you know if there will be an update tomorrow?

Interesting this information about 2nm. I will observe on my next flight. I am unaware of any updates for this week or later.

Although there is a specific topic for Vnav, there is not one for V-FP specifically. Create a topic if you think it is necessary, about this bug, that I will try to collaborate in some way.

Yes

Bug just logged for this issue also