ATR 72 Main BAT voltage drops to 3V - CHR disconnected

Try putting it in hotel mode right when you load in before going to FMC setup. That’s worked for me as a workaround for the time being.

I don’t understand why Asobo and MSFS have to give broken stuff… this is frustrating

I believe the ATR 72 holds the record for the plane released with the most bugs when released.

OK, it’s a complex plane – but maybe it got released a little too early, before it was really tested and ready, so the MSFS community could enjoy the fun of finding all the bugs, and reporting them ?

2 Likes

There is a workaround using Dev Mode:
Go to Tools → Behaviors → Systems → Show electrical system debug.
In the top left, select Debug → Enable components edition

Now you should be able to reset the Main Battery Capacity to a higher percentage (go with 50% or more). This should be more than sufficient to start at least 1 Engine to supply DC power to the plane, which will then also charge the battery.

3 Likes

I thought Asobo had corrected that … EDITION should be just EDIT

Maybe that was somewhere else … at least they are consistent

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/idea/14921/correction-sdk-behaviour-debug-incorrect-word-mean.html

1 Like

SAME HERE ! So I keep the aircraft in HOTEL MODE on the ground. Hope the team will come with a FIX. Usually in airports without GPU they do the same.

1 Like

So is this not a bug? I noticed it’s under “feedback logged” and I’m not sure if this was addressed in the latest ATR update.

Well, my understanding is Hans Hartmann (who is really the sole developer of the ATR, with some help from Asobo), basically had to release it because he is working on many projects and there was a limitation to how much him and the QA team could test. To be honest, most of the key issues were fixed within the first couple of weeks.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

no

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

A bit different, it’s seems to charge (on the screnn dedicated syst page) but the main BAT drop off 3V and impossible to start !! it’s happen 1/5 times after C&D start + loading pax and ramp. The BAT discharge (that normal) but the bug is that the EXT POWER doesn’t do his job !!

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

I’m also experiencing this issue. Fresh flight in the ATR 72, after entirely restarting MSFS, and the main battery will not charge with the GPU. If I immediately start engine 2 in hotel mode, then the battery will charge.

2 Likes

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Even with battery chg on, and GPU connected, battery discharges to 3V. I’ve started the engine with battery as low as 12V. When battery reaches this point I’m unable to start engine even with GPU on.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

2 Likes

I’m having the exact same problem. I beleive there is a logic error when GPU is connected. It’s not charging main battery nor we can start the engine.

2 Likes

Same problem here with the latest version of the ATR.

Did you all try different airports ?

From what I was able to garner, it depend on the airport, smaller airports GPU cannot give enough power to keep the battery charged on the ATR, while bigger airport GPUs can

This happened to me too today at LFBO. Battery was discharged and didn’t charge again. 3V was not enough to start the engines

Nope, I was at SKBO.

Try a bigger airport, I realised that for example at CYUL I had no issue, but at a smaller airport such as CYRJ the voltage drop reared it’s head and I had to quickly start engine 2 in hotel mode before the voltage dropped too low