ATR ignoring SIMCONNECT's vertical speed variables

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

ATR does not respond to SIMCONNECTs variables “Autopilot Vertical Hold” and “Autopilot Vertical Hold Var”.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Any attempt to get or set the aforementioned vertical speed variables with SIMCONNECT will fail

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If you are using Spad.next i find i get better results using LVARs.

I only use C# and SimConnect. Thanks for the suggestion though.

You might be able to use LVars as well via SimConnect in C#…snippet from C++ might get you started:

Blockquote SimConnect_AddToDataDefinition(hSimConnect, DataDefinitionID, “L:VAR”, “number”, SIMCONNECT_DATATYPE_FLOAT64);

Have not tried it myself, but might work.

Not sure how to use L:VAR to get and set the vertical speed. I use the following approach which works quite well with most aircraft but not with the ATR.

simConnect.AddToDataDefinition(DEFINITIONS.VerticalSpeedStruct, “Autopilot Vertical Hold Var”, “feet/minute”, SIMCONNECT_DATATYPE.FLOAT64, 0.0f, SimConnect.SIMCONNECT_UNUSED);

Thank you for the suggestion. :+1:

A lot of the more complex 1st/3rd party aircraft use a custom autopilot system and thus will not react to the standard SimConnect inputs. As already suggested, you should use LVARs.

I am afraid that you and @BenBaron85 are right. I will go in that direction. Thank you both for your input.

1 Like