ATR inserting hundreds of waypoints when using airways (not freezing)

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

title says it, ATR inserting hundreds of waypoints when using airways. not freezing like other people have reported

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/672957375220547585/1100711805384409148/image.png

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

simply insert an airway. i was trying to use the airway ‘V3’ from DHP to GUCEL, and it inserted hundreds of waypoints.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes. Both, about 6 copies of the same fixes and also freeze of systems.

The system freeze happen while selecting runway 05 in SKBQ.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it? Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue: Same Issue here with a very brief ( one second?) freeze. Happens in both the 42 and 72.

My Flight plan was KLNK-LNK-OVR-V6-BRIDJ-KDSM Entering V6 BRIDJ enters the airway 15 plus times. Interestingly the 72 produces 54 pages of fixes while the 42 only 35 pages.

Yes, I also have the general issue

It doesn’t happen with all airways and usually happens with the second or third airway I input (I haven’t made any longer flightplans than that.

I have the same issue. When I enter an airway, it duplicates the airway multiple times. I usually then end up with 10-15 pages of entries to clear, I’ve never seen 84 pages like this, but it doesn’t surprise me at all

Yes

My flight Plan was EGPH GRIC3C GRICE P600 OVDAN DCT KLONN Z108 ALUVA ALUV2N ENBR, after selecting Grice in the FMC and entering P600 into Airway then EXEC, I end up having something like 84 pages in the route page where duplicated entries have been added by the system

Had this issue last night when entering a short flight from KFLL to KEYW.

Route: MAYNR DROWN V3 GUCEL

20 pages of GUCEL showed up in the FMC.

When entering airways, the whole aircraft system get freeze and I have to reload.
Its not possible to set airways for me.

Using information and repro steps provided in this post, our team has not be able to reproduce this issue. If anyone has a video of their steps or additional info, please feel free to post below. Thanks!

When adding a airway and typing its final waypoint it subsequantially ads all waypoints involved multiple times
@Jummivana

4 Likes

Exactly the same here for me. It places the same section of the airway four times in a loop.

Yes

Happens with most airway inputs, sometimes the exit waypoint screen just flickers and does not allow selection, sometimes it allows selection - in both cases most of the times I end up with duplicates in the flight plan.

Did your team try with Navigraph navdata installed? I guess many of us do have it…

It happened to me as well yesterday, I added airway L620 SAM and it added 15 pages of waypoints multiple times.

I encountered same issue again today on my flight - 65 pages of repeated waypoints. took me 10 mins just to delete them. Also it seems the autopilot does not like to hold altitude accurately, always tries to maintain 100 feet lower then selected.

1 Like

This also happens with the MSFS standard Navdata. In fact, the airways page needs to be reviewed, many random bugs in the choice of transition or the airway itself.

Fixed in ATR Update 1.0.8.