ATR MCDU freezes when using airways or selecting duplicate waypoints

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

when adding airways or selecting duplicate waypoints the MCDU freezes and cant be sued

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

i had the same issue on my first flight, it did add the waypoint 8 times. it overshot lnav waypoints and vnav speeds where not updated on fmc display. vnav path starts oscillation, when you add a speed constraint.

Yes

When entering a flight plan in the MCDU I enter origin and destination airports. Then SID and approach. Then a couple of direct-to waypoints. I then open one of the previously entered waypoints and select an airway. The MCDU opens to the airway page and prompts me for an exit. I enter the exit. Now, still on the airway page, I enter a second airway. Then the MCDU freezes and I have to restart.

Yes

Not sure if I entered everything correctly, but I tried to enter the following route: EDDN/28 N0264F180 ERET1G ERETO DCT LONLI M726 LASGA T953 VOCIM/N0266F170 T954 GOXLI GOXL1V EDDP/26L
Apparently when doing some entries with the AIRWAY, some weird stuff happens and the ATR freezes completely. See video for exact procedure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLtPMxrCBQM

Yes

Just like above - when entering the route that contains airways plane completely freezes and no buttons are responding

I think I figured out what is happening. The FMS does not seem to like manually input data on this page, but you can just click on the orange boxes and it will bring up a list of Airways or Exit Waypoints to choose from. If you do it this way, it does not go into the feedback loop that causes many of the waypoints to be overwritten in a short time, which overloads the sim.

2 Likes

Tried to enter the following route but it froze the sim twice.
NZAA/23L N0271F200 STEA1P KARRL H384 NP H252 KUNVO KAPU2A NZNS/02

#atr72

YES

Trying to insert a waypoint and airway. I can insert the first waypoint and airway, then if I try to add the next one on the same screen it locks up, and you can’t recover it. I was able to insert the second waypoint and airway by clicking exec after adding the first waypoint, then going back to the flight plan and adding the next waypoint to the newly added waypoint, then I tried to carry on on that screen again and it locked up. Wondering if anyone actually tested this before release?!! Seems a pretty big bug!

1 Like

I found a similar solution to others until the bug is fixed and we can enter concurrent airways on the airways page of the MCDU.

1. Open the entry waypoint from the main flight plan page.
  2. Add an airway.
  3. Add your exit.
  4. Hit execute to write the leg to the Flightplan
  5. Back out to the flight plan page
  6. Select the previously created airway exit waypoint
  7. Repeat the process executing each time you add a new airway leg
1 Like

I finally managed to program a route into the FMC, the trick is not to type anything, click on the button next to the airway entry and select it from the list, do the same with the waypoint, click EXEC after each line and it works fine… see if they had included a manual we’d know how to do this already without having to guess!! :smiley:

1 Like

Yes

When entering waypoint in the same airway mcdu crashes and then sim crashes

Happened while inserting this route: KEA L995 RIPLI R32 NISOS H59 ORMOS

I just ran into this game-breaking bug:

I’m manually entering my route into my FMS, and when I got to the waypoint ‘VP001’, it pulled up a list of all similarly-named waypoints. The one I want is the first one (‘MM’). However when I go to click the first one, the FMS freezes.

Now none of the clicks are registering or responding. I cannot exit out of this screen no matter where I click. This is frusterating as I’ve now lost all of the time I’ve put into this so far and have to exit the sim.

1 Like

Yes.

Freeze of all systems of the airplane. Not even the heading bug moves when choosing runway/SID into departure airport.

Another half-baked release from this developer.

I highly recommend not to buy it until it has a state that can be called “working”.

I have found so many bugs in the first 30 minutes, it is unbelievable how such an aircraft can pass any quality test. It should be clearly stated “beta”.

2 Likes

yes

the entire aircraft freezes after inserting certain airways, I can reproduce this every time, with an empty community folder, on this route: EDDN/28 N0263F200 BOLS1G BOLSI DCT DKB N869 TEDGO/N0267F190 N869 NATOR N850 GERSA Z50 PELAD DCT LSZS/03

I had this issue when adding a DIR to a VOR. How would the workaround be applied in such a scenario where you are not transiting an airway so there is no way the sim will know where you want to go without typing it in. Is there a ‘nearby’ section that could be used?

Thanks a Lot ! I’ll never get that to click over the orange boxes !

This is the FPL:

after inserted the DEP and ARR, I try to insert the middle way points, but the FMC freeze after inserting that shows in the following image:

I repeated the operation two times and it ever freezes.

Yes

The use of Airways can lead to a crash of the Airplane (which is experieced as freeze).
From A to B via 123, then from B to C via 234 can lead to a crash. Because the FMS is bugged. So use from A to B via 123 then EXEC and check FPL page. Sometimes it repeats those fixes over and over again. You have to delete all additional fixes manualy, then You can add from B to C via 234. EXEC and check again. And it isn´t a freeze but a crash because if this “freeze”
occurs You can turn off the Battery for example. The Displays are all still on. Switch Battery on again and You hear the tests in the Background. Thats why I call it crash instead of freeze.