ATR propeller never goes on feather position

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

no

Brief description of the issue:

the propeller never goes in feathered position, even when the aircraft is in Cold and Dark or the condition lever is on « feather », they are always « tilted ». But in the Hangar they are feathered like they should be when the engines are off

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

The correct position for a feathered propeller looks like what is shown above

Instead what append currently when the condition lever is placed on feather, it looks like what is shown below wich is not right

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

start the air raft cold and dark at the gate or put the condition lever to feather position

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

wu13

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes same issue

For some reason the propellers look feathered in the hangar but not once loaded into the game

1 Like

Yeah, the shape of propeller’s blade is also kind of weird, as well as the propeller disk when spinning and you look at it from the side.

I really like this little bird a strong proposition under 20bucks but the 3D model, texture and animation should be improved in my view.

On other thing, the PFD and ND has some grey bezel in the cockpit, those bezel are not joining, but they do in the real ATR, they are thicker it seems like and I bielieve they should be improved to me

Hope Asobo or Hans will tackle those small modeling issues, that would make the plane absolutely awesome

Everybody has the same issue, the ATR was released without the ability to visually feather. This is also proven by Asobo’s trailer video for the ATR where the prop is not feathered in every instance that it should be.

What is interesting is the model itself has the ability to visually feather not only based on the early previews of the ATR (example shown above), and in the hanger before loading a flight, but if you use a faulty addon livery that breaks the plane’s functionality (buttons, tablet, panels, etc) like I did yesterday, the broken state of the plane does in fact have feathered props. It is hard to replicate the broken functionality because the faulty livery I downloaded got patched. But I still took pictures when I noticed it.

1 Like

That’s a good catch, hope Asobo see those post and fix this issue, I also feel like they should correct the propeller blades model because it bugs me everytime

2 Likes

Yeah I agree, The model is decent but is lacking in many areas, I really dont know what to think about it because it can looks both really realistic and at the same time weird because some dimension are off and the plane looks like it is made out of plastic.

Really hope they revisit it and hope they fix that feathering issue, I like this little plane for the price it definitely worth it, but many issues from sound to systems, 3D models and textures

Yes

External model propellers do not fully feather in either the ATR-42 or -72. OP showed an image of a real ATR on display at an airshow with rainbow-colored propeller blades in a flat pitch…To be clear, this is not a normal operational state of the prop and would require maintenance intervention to establish.

No repro in ATR Update 1.0.8.